Tips for choosing a good web hosting

White Angel

I am using a shared package for my small site and i want to upgrade to a better web hosting package

what are the best tips for choosing a good web hosting?

which should I consider to know it's a good service?

Andrei

What resources are you lacking right now from your current provider? or why do you feel the need to upgrade to a better package? ie: is your site slow, running out of space/bandwidth?

White Angel

What resources are you lacking right now from your current provider? or why do you feel the need to upgrade to a better package? ie: is your site slow, running out of space/bandwidth?
I feel their support is not good and my site is loading slowly.

Hostlumina

You will need to look at what you need that your current host is not offering that is making you want to upgrade to a better package.

Are you outgrowing your current package in bandwidth or disk space? If so, have you reached out to them for upgrade options?

If you are moving due to downtime, speed, support, etc....

Look for:
- Up time
- How long have they been in business
- Are they a legitimate company
- Are the prices realistic? (put yourself in the business shoes for a minute, can you make money offering a service @ $1.00, $2.00, $3.00, etc... a month?)
- Avoid unlimited b/w & diskspace. You will find further more restrictions and performance issues.
- Look at what others experience is.

Just a couple recommendations for you to research on:
Crocweb
hawkhost
mddhosting

Last edited:
I am using a shared package for my small site and i want to upgrade to a better web hosting package

what are the best tips for choosing a good web hosting?

which should I consider to know it's a good service?

Actually, I've got the same experience about hosting service. It's so important to consider about hosting providers before decided to use their service.

The best ways, that you could understand about hosting service is to learn from them. You ask in the forum post, or your friends who experience with other hosting services.

The thing that you keep kind mind about hosting service are

Performance

How the hosting service provided you the better performance when you hosted your website. What is the proofs of their quality service. I'm mentioning about unlimited bandwidth and storage space, but the loading of your website and other addon such CDN service.

Another important is their customer service

How those hosting providers will support you whenever you got any problem with your website or service. You also need to look for proofs from other as well.

Sometimes, hosting provides published their customers satisfaction result to make sure you read about it..

The last is your business

It depend on your business. What is your business, and how many visitors will you got each month. And what was your plan for growing.

If you got more visitors on your website, I think that you should choosing better packages or VPS even replicated server.

Reactions: ims