Tips for a blog succeed with Google adsense?

HenaryMagas

I wanted to build a blog which I can create or hire freelancer to write blog articles and posting them daily on my blog. After 6 months I will register with Google adsense but I failed while my blog has less traffic and articles (30 articles)

So, I want to try again and starting a new blog, would you please give me tips to make a blog succeed with Google adsense and earn more money from it?

@Your tips are appreciated.

PTTed

As you discovered already, it is very difficult for an inexperienced person to build a blog that makes money. Here are some things I have learned through my own experience. Maybe this advice will help you.

1) If you want a blog to get free traffic from search engines over a long period of time, then you have to start out by creating a blog that readers will value. You can’t just publish any old articles on there. The blog posts have to be valuable enough so that they actually satisfy the readers thirst for knowledge or thirst for entertainment (whichever desire led him to your blog post to begin with).

2) You can’t just outsource your blog post writing to average freelancers. The reason you can’t do that is because an average freelancer is not going to write a blog post that is good enough to be considered valuable in the eyes of the reader who visits your site. Therefore the reader will just bounce back to the search results and click on the next lower ranked blog post or article. That makes Google demote your blog post ranking. There goes your source of free traffic that can be generated passively.

3) 30 articles is more than enough articles than you need to succeed with an Adsense monetized website. You can do more than that or you can do less than that depending on the situation. The key is to produce blog posts/articles that are honestly valuable enough for the reader that are also centered around a very focused theme. You want to build a small authority blog. Google the term if you don’t know what an authority blog is.

4) In my experience, Google Adsense is only a good monetization system if the audience your blog is attracting is in shopping mode. The farther along they are in the buying process, the better. In other words, you want to get traffic to your site from people who are trying to make up their minds about which product to buy or whether or not to buy a product at all. Those people will click on ads because they are shopping for the things they will see ads for. If people aren’t in shopping mode, then you will get a very low CTR. And low CTR means low income from Adsense. And that is also why traffic from social media does not monetize well with Adsense. The visitors are not in shopping mode at all. Because of these reasons, the vast majority of blogs monetized with Adsense have extremely low CTR and generate very little income for the blog owner. That is why so many people say that Adsense sucks as a way to monetize a blog. Usually it does suck unless you build a blog that is targeting the right audience.

If you need more clarity about any of this, just ask.

HenaryMagas

1) If you want a blog to get free traffic from search engines over a long period of time, then you have to start out by creating a blog that readers will value. You can’t just publish any old articles on there. The blog posts have to be valuable enough so that they actually satisfy the readers thirst for knowledge or thirst for entertainment (whichever desire led him to your blog post to begin with).
Great post...!!

I am wondering there are some ways to research which is trending for blog posts hence I can choose my blog to start with it.

I mean how to know readers will need or satisfy with my blog posts.

PTTed

Great post...!!

I am wondering if there are some ways to research what is trending for blog posts. Hence I can choose my blog to start with it.

I mean how do you know readers will need or be satisfied with your blog posts.

You won't know for sure whether your readers are going to really like what you have written. You just try to do your best. If you try to do your best, then chances are, they will like what you have written.

You should be writing about topics that interest you or topics that you know a lot about. If you do that, then you will produce much higher quality blog posts.

There are easy ways to come up with ideas for what to write about. Here is one way you can do that.

* Start by choosing a general topic area that you want to write about. Maybe you are really knowledgeable about relationships and you think you would like to write about that general topic.
* Then go visit some popular forums online where people talk about their relationship problems. I found four of them in less than one minute just by doing a Google search for "relationship advice forum". Visit those forums and look for what types of problems people are having. Look for what types of questions they are asking for advice about. That will give you some truly wonderful ideas for blog posts.
* I would find one broad topic idea to build my entire blog around. Maybe something like "How to find the perfect wife" or "how to find the perfect husband" or something like that. Then I would build an authority blog that explains everything a person would need to know about how to do that.
* I would produce about a dozen blog posts (maybe more maybe less) that all talk about various topics closely related to that main theme. Every single blog post would tie into the idea of explaining "how to find the perfect spouse". I would not publish any blog posts that were not exactly designed to help explain that somehow. My other blog posts might be articles like this "How likely are you to meet a nice girl in a bar" or "How to get her into bed for the first time" or "What can you do to really impress your girlfriend" or " How to get her to fall in love with you" or "How to get her friends to approve of you and like you" etc. I would make up a list of topics like that and write one epic blog post to answer each one of those questions.
* I would use SEO to target long tail keywords for each page including the homepage. The title of the homepage would be the main theme of the blog like "how to find the perfect wife". The homepage would target that phrase. Each of the other pages would target some other long tail keyword phrase that a person in that target audience would have.

Here is what happens:

Every single one of your blog posts including the homepage of your blog is going to attract the same type of person. It is going to be a person who wants to learn how to find the perfect wife. When that person lands on your site for the first time, he is going to think "Holy cow! This entire website talks about everything I want to know." He will love your website and tell his friends about it because your site is the best site he has ever found that covers that particular topic. You have what is called an "authority blog". If you do a decent job of building the site like that, then you will succeed.

In this particular example I doubt you would be able to monetize it well with Adsense. You might be able to, but it also might not do very well because that audience won't be in shopping mode. If you are suggesting that the person buys something as part of the advice you are offering him, then maybe you want to put Adsense on that page right after you recommend they buy something. But otherwise you might want to monetize that site some other way.

I would probably monetize that site by producing my own information product and using that site to sell it. But you could also promote an affiliate product of some kind like a clickbank product such as How to get your ex back or something else like that. If you wanted to do that, then you would probably want to create an opt in page on the site and build a list. Send the people on the list more information over the course of a few days and find a way to work in that affiliate offer.

You can use that business model in just about any situation where a person is seeking detailed information or advice. That business model works very well.

Reactions: ims