Should you promote your Freelance service using your personal social networking account?

animeshe14

I want to promote my business through social network but I am hesitant if I should use my personal account or should I create a new one just for my business?

I would love your opinion on this especially from experience Freelancers out there.

sam.hunt0710

Create a good looking professional profile over social networking site and them promote your services from there .

It will help you in bringing good clients , personal profile is for personal use where you share your thoughts with your social network .

From professional account share your experience , professionalism , your activities regarding your service , update on daily basis .

You will get some good clients .

MidnightAngel

Create a good looking professional profile over social networking site and them promote your services from there .

It will help you in bringing good clients , personal profile is for personal use where you share your thoughts with your social network .

From professional account share your experience , professionalism , your activities regarding your service , update on daily basis .

You will get some good clients .

I agree with this, but I still promote myself on my personal facebook page as well. Plus, I think when I do that, it is sort of like 'pay it forward', my friends and so forth will know that I offer services and may know someone that needs that type of service. I.E. "My niece Dawn is a resume writer, she could probably help you with .....". So on and so forth. Definitely have a separate page for your business but don't be afraid to shamelessly plug yourself on your own personal page.....Good luck!