Should we change affiliate ads sometime?

Should we change affiliate ads sometime?

Discussion in 'Affiliate Discussion' started by Michael, Jul 13, 2017.

1. Michael

Michael Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I was wondering if it is a good idea to change the affiliate ads on a site sometime to get different things seen by people so they don't see they same things all the time when they come to a site.

Should this be done or stay with the same ads?

2. JohnQ

JohnQ Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My rule of thumb on this has always been that if the ads are making good money then don't change them or alter them. If they are not making me money then I will change them till I find what will make money.

3. Maria Marketing

Maria Marketing Active Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    I change mine when they are not producing anything and replace them with other to see if things improve. I agree with the other member above that if they are making a nice amount of commission money then I would not change them.

4. KeralMTG

KeralMTG Active Member

Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -1
    I think the others are right. Only change them if they are doing very bad. If they are making money then maybe you can just leave them so you do not loose money.

5. Traveler

Traveler Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    If you find some affiliate things that you are thinking will be better and make more money then you should. If you have some that are good for you now then I think you should not change them.

6. sam.hunt0710

sam.hunt0710 Moderator

Ratings:
    +170 / 3 / -0
    You can use some Wordpress themes which helps in increasing CTR of ads , as well as Ad Rotation.

Here as an example : Ultraclick Theme

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope it will help you out guys.

7. Marcos

Marcos Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    It is just simple business here. If your current ads are not achieving the desired results then it is most often good to change then and try to achieve the results you want with other ads.

8. Michael

Michael Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    @JohnQ , @Maria Marketing , @KeralMTG , Thanks all of you. This was one thing that crossed my mind but I was not sure since much of this is new to me.

@sam.hunt0710 , I did not know a theme would have a feature like that. I will look at them. Thanks

@Marcos , I think I will do it that way. Thanks

9. KeralMTG

KeralMTG Active Member

Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -1
    @JohnQ

Many things are still new to me too. That is why I look for answers or ask about things here. You will learn much more in time.

10. Maria Marketing

Maria Marketing Active Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    You are welcome. :D

It is always better to ask things you don't know instead of learning things the hard way.

11. JohnQ

JohnQ Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I know I will eventually. I have started to remember some of the things that I knew in the past after coming across something in a post or that I saw on a site somewhere.

12. Michael

Michael Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I was planning on changing them if they did not do too good but I didn't know if there was any other reasons to change them.

13. Marcos

Marcos Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    I am sure there are many reasons that people change theirs but I change mine when they are not making money most of the time.

14. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +187 / 0 / -0
    What I sometimes do is I will replace one of my affiliate ads at a time with another that I think will do well and compare it to the one that was replaced to see how both do.

I never change multiple ads at the same time unless they are just not doing well enough for me to be happy with their success.

If my ads are doing well then I will not replace them until they stop performing. You never want to replace an ad that is doing well unless you are sure that the replacement will do better.

15. augusta

augusta Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Change is dynamic and should be applied when needed.I try to change my ad banners every now and then to see which would be more productive.Varieties is the spice of life,So when once an ad doesn't served it purpose it should be changed immediately.