SEO Courses Worth Paying For?

Adrianhenry

Hey there,

I do blogging and marketing, I'm not a SEO expert so I'm looking to find a course/training type thing worthwhile of my money & time, I know a few people on here and out here recommending SEO courses or strategies but I'm just wondering if anyone has any others worth looking into?

Any help appreciated,

PTTed

I can't tell you which SEO courses are worth the money and which one's aren't. What I can tell you is that you don't need to take a course to learn how to do SEO well. What you need to do is to find a handful of people that you believe are truly experts in that field. Then pay attention to what they say and ignore what anyone else says.

Then actually go try and implement what they tell you to do.

The main problem with learning SEO is that a lot of the advice given out on the internet for free is bad advice. There is a ton of bad advice because there are numerous inexperienced people handing out their SEO advice when they honestly don't really know what they are talking about. They are telling you what they "think" will work, when in fact it doesn't actually work or worse yet - it works against you. And then someone on a forum reads that bad advice, they believe it, and then they repeat it to someone else on some other forum or in some other conversation. Before you know it, the internet is awash with bad advice being handed out like poison candy at Halloween.

Doing SEO is actually pretty simple. You can learn how to do on-page SEO really well in one day. You can learn how to do site-wide SEO pretty well in one day. You can learn everything you need to know about hyperlinks in one day. It's not rocket science. The hard part comes when you put that information into practice and actually try to get some page on some website ranked higher.

Getting top rankings is not necessarily simple. That can be difficult depending on the keywords and the competition and the niche and your willingness to bend the rules or not.

You can learn "how SEO works" if you buckle down and study your butt off for a couple days (or if you take a course on it), but it will take you much longer (probably years) and a lot of experience, trial, error and effort before you develop your own strategies that actually work consistently.

HenaryMagas

What you need to do is to find a handful of people that you believe are truly experts in that field
When finding a SEO service, we should search or ask them show any proofs with good results from rankings that they did, that should do?

PTTed

When finding a SEO service, we should search or ask them show any proofs with good results from rankings that they did, that should do?
Sure, that would be one way to find out if they have at least got anything to rank high. Or you could just go to Google and do a search for "best SEO service" or "how to rank high in Google" or "how to rank number one in Google" and see what SEO companies rank at the very top of Google for those searches. That is pretty good proof that those companies know what they are doing. You might also want to find out how long they have been ranking that high for those phrases. If they have held those rankings for years, then that is an even better sign.

But that is if you are looking for an SEO service. If you are looking for an SEO training course then maybe you should Google "SEO training course" or similar keywords to that.