Rank Number 1 on Google?

Martin Kahn

I'd like to know how long does take you to get rank number #1 on Google search results. what factors should I focus on SEO for better rankings?

Mark007

There are numerous factors and considerations to get your keywords to the top of Google. On page and off page are the main techniques that are used to build your keyword rankings with good and unique content.

Nytshade

I'd like to know how long does take you to get rank number #1 on Google search results.

Among a lot of other factors, your question also depends on the level of SEO you're at, beginner or expert. Someone who's an expert can do it a lot faster than a newbie in most cases (if not all).

So how long it will take will depend on your efforts and expertise.

what factors should I focus on SEO for better rankings?

Focus on your on-page SEO, which is your metadata (title, description, H1/H2/H3 tags etc.) and link/url structure. You should consider how your web pages are going to interlink with each other, come up or learn a great way to distribute link juice on your site. Study different Silo (don't know it? Google it) structures and their benefits.

Once you have the on-page all setup then you can do some off-page SEO, which is backlinks. Those are the 2 main things you need to focus on for better rankings, on-page and off-page SEO.

Hope that helps.

PTTed

I'd like to know how long does take you to get rank number #1 on Google search results. what factors should I focus on SEO for better rankings?

In addition to what Nytshade said, which was good advice, it also depends on what type of content you are trying to get ranked where, examples: informational blog post in regular Google search, local business in Google places, image in Google image search, YouTube video, commercial product search in regular Google search results, etc.)

And it depends on what you are competing against. If the competition is strong (excellent on-page metrics combined with lots of domain authority and page authority because of powerful inbound links) then you will find the task more difficult.

And it could depend on what tactics you are willing to use (like whether you are okay with buying links, building link farms, buying other domains, etc. and risking a penalty or not).

If you were trying to compete against a really strong page and you were trying to do that with a brand new website, then it could take you a really long time (years potentially unless you were willing to buy links, redirect link juice from elsewhere or take some other kind of penalty risk).

If you have a blog that has a lot of domain authority and constant Googlebot traffic (and you are competing against sites with less domain authority than you) then you can get a new post ranked for a keyword in a matter of minutes (like as little as 2 minutes sometimes).

There are many variables that come into play. To get a more accurate idea of how long it would take, you would need to provide a specific scenario.

Here is an excellent tutorial for getting something like a blog post ranked number one on Google. Getting a local business ranked number one in Google places takes additional things into account.

ulterios

There are many different factors that can help you reach the number one ranking spot in Google but the factor that will help you the most in your rankings are building high quality backlinks for your site.

Backlinks from good authority websites that are related to your website will really help. ;)

Rick Peterson

Completely focus on on-page and off-page optimization. Remember that always follow White Hat SEO techniques. Nowadays, you have to focus on content marketing to get better rankings.

On the other hand, minimum criteria to rank website is three months. It also depends on the competition of the keywords. If keywords are highly competitive, it also takes 6 months to rank.