Name for my freelance site..

MidnightAngel

I've been tossing names around all day; to no avail. Everyone I come up with is lame, so I've come to the experts, you guys! I've pretty much figured out my color scheme and layout for my new site, now I have to come up with a title. The one I really liked: Untamed Writing, is taken...:( so here is an idea of who I am, and with all of your input, I believe I could come to a decision.

Dawn Mercier, I do not want to name myself after me, kinda weird.

I live in Northern Michigan, to be more precise, the Au Sable Valley River area, out in the country. I enjoy the outdoors, enjoy writing, web design, hunting, fishing, and living here in the north country. My personality ranges from crazy, silly, outgoing, happy go lucky, friendly to just plain boring at times. I also have a great imagination, a lot of creativity, and a vivid imagination as well. And I love all 5 of my dogs!

I had thought that the title Northern Michigan Freelance was good, but Northern Michigan is pretty big, so I maybe should change that...lol Anyway; We have headwaters of the AuSable River near us, "Headwaters of the Au Sable River Freelance" sounded too long.

So that's me, in a nutshell, looking for something simple, and easy to remember for a title that suits me and readers and such will remember. Therefore, I thought if I gave you an idea of 'me' that you could all help me come up with some phenomenal.....So let's hear it! Thanks beforehand, you guys are great.

RDO Servers

I would say, don't use you name, and don't limit yourself to an area.

You want so.ething that is short, and that people can remember.

MidnightAngel

Exactly, short that people can remember. But I haven't found a good one yet, which is why I came here. The nickname that I use a lot is Vamp, or Midnight Angel, but neither one sounded right: Vamp's Freelancing, or Midnight Angel's Freelance or ing. See?

MidnightAngel

Yeah, ya think? LOL If it were one of my other personal sites, then I probably could come up with one, like my forum "Scrolls' and More" but this is much harder...lol that's why I came here. : Although I do like that one so far...but it almost sounds adult in nature. :)

PTTed

After reading your other thread about your freelance writer site on Wix I thought to myself, why doesn't she just register her own site and call it DawnsFreelanceWriting.com

I think that is a fine name for a domain for a woman who does freelance writing. And it is already positioned to rank for the words "freelance writing" and other words related to that.

Last edited:

MidnightAngel

After reading your other thread about your freelance writer site on Wix I thought to myself, why doesn't she just register her own site and call it DawnsFreelanceWriting.com

I think that is a fine name for a domain for a woman who does freelance writing. And it is already positioned to rank for the words "freelance writing" and other words related to that.

I do like it, but I can't pay for a domain right now, though that is going to be kept in mind. Maybe once I get some more freelancing jobs done, then I can register the domain. I think that would be great.

Last edited by a moderator:

PTTed

You can get a free domain name from .tk registrar for 1 year .

Search for coupons you can get domain for 0.99$ also and sometime coupon can get you free domain+hosting.
She is located in the United States though. So, I don't think that a .tk domain would be appropriate for her type of business, especially if she wants to get ranked high in Google here in the USA.

MidnightAngel

You can get a free domain name from .tk registrar for 1 year .

Search for coupons you can get domain for 0.99$ also and sometime coupon can get you free domain+hosting.

Really? Now that I didn't know. I may have to check into that, thank you for the tip. But I am in the USA, though can't hurt to look. You said coupons too? There are coupons out there for domains? Any idea on where?

Hostlumina

Really? Now that I didn't know. I may have to check into that, thank you for the tip. But I am in the USA, though can't hurt to look. You said coupons too? There are coupons out there for domains? Any idea on where?

There used to be a lot of coupons for Godaddy, However this year they began cleaning out house. I guess they realized how much $ they were giving away.

I personally haven't seen any $0.99 domains for .com .net etc... unless you buy another service.

I know Namecheap is currently doing $1 promo for the first year for xyz extensions.

https://www.namecheap.com/domains/registration/gtld/xyz.aspx

PTTed

There used to be a lot of coupons for Godaddy, However this year they began cleaning out house. I guess they realized how much $ they were giving away.

They went public earlier this year. Bob Parsons isn't running the show there anymore. He is still on the board I believe, but he is't CEO anymore.

I give them a fair amount of my domain business, but I am not overly fond of doing so. I am likely to use them less and less going forward. I quit using them for hosting a few years ago for a couple of reasons. (mainly issues with running server side software on the domains I hosted with them, speed and poor experiences dealing with their tech support)

In the last year or so they have definitely taken a more "money hungry" approach compared to how they used to do business. They used to make you feel like you were getting a deal every single time you bought something from them or renewed something with them. Now it feels the exact opposite. It feels like you are paying more than full price and there are no deals to be had for loyal customers. The only deals out there are for brand new customers. And once they have you, they know it is a pain and hassle for you to switch.

They are one of those companies that make you feel like you are being punished in some odd way for being a loyal customer of theirs. No appreciation for loyalty at all. But I get it. A lot of companies will offer big incentives just to get you in the door. Then customer service goes out the window.

I wonder how things will work out for them as a public company in an ultra competitive price sensitive industry like that....