My freelancer site

MidnightAngel

I've worked on it, and played with it a little, and would love to hear all of your opinions on it so far. I had to 'publish' it in order to work on the SEO for it. Thanks guys!! niteangelmi dot wix dot com/dmercier-freelancer

I know it's a free site, but for now I wanted to at least get it out there. I still haven't quite come up with a good name for it.

Last edited:

PTTed

I've worked on it, and played with it a little, and would love to hear all of your opinions on it so far. I had to 'publish' it in order to work on the SEO for it. Thanks guys!! niteangelmi dot wix dot com/journalism-blog

I know it's a free site, but for now I wanted to at least get it out there. I still haven't quite come up with a good name for it.
I think you are off to a good start. The colors and layout are fine. You chose well in my opinion.

I am interested to see what it looks like once you fill in some of the content on it.

A free blog is fine when you are just getting started. When you start making more money, invest in your own domain. I think you will find it a little easier to get your own domain ranked compared to a Web 2.0 subdomain. That is, as long as you put keywords in the domain.

PTTed

So, here we go: You've seen the one site above, but I'm leaning toward this one HERE better. Opinions?
Looks good chick!

Now go create a couple of pages on your old freelancing website. Tell people that you have changed your website. And then link from that old website to your new one. Put the link inside of a paragraph.

Make sure you finish the site quickly. Fill in the other pages including the one with your rates and work samples. The reason I say to do that is because, as you are asking for website reviews and opinions of your site, you never know if you are going to come across someone who wants to offer you work.

MidnightAngel

You like the second one better? Cool, thank you also for the information. I"m hoping to get it edited some more today, and come up with a price list. Thanks!

PTTed

You like the second one better? Cool, thank you also for the information. I"m hoping to get it edited some more today, and come up with a price list. Thanks!
I like them both actually. Either one will serve your purposes until you get a stand alone domain of your own. Getting your own domain is the direction you want to head in if you intend to take your freelance writing very seriously. But, to get yourself started with and get off the ground with, either one of those two sites will work just fine. I don't think it is going to matter too much which one you go with.

In my opinion, I don't think it is worth putting a lot of time and effort into SEO for either of those sites simply because they are on Web 2.0 domains. So, I would just be using one of those sites as a sales conversion tool to get people to hire you for freelance writing. Think of your Web 2.0 site as a business card and a portable portfolio showcase. Use it to impress potential clients and to help convert them into customers.

Once you are well established in your career and you are certain you are going to commit to it for years to come, then I would invest the few dollars it is going to cost to get your own domain. Then you can invest your time and money into SEO and content marketing in order to get your website to actually attract new clients for you. With your Web 2.0 site, the site itself won't attract new traffic (customers). You will have to send the traffic to the site yourself.

Do you understand what I mean?

CookieRunner

Hi, I was about to check your website and its under construction as well as the other one that you were recently taling about. I guess I was too late for reviewing your website hehe. Anyhow, take care guys! See you all around!