mistakes that new internet marketers make

Traveler

One mistake that I see a lot of new internet marketers make is buying those get rich easy scams that target people who are new and don't know any better. Before buying anything like that these people should search google and you can usually find things that say they are a scam or junk.

Ellen F

I have noticed one common mistake with people who are new internet marketers and that mistake is the belief that success will happen overnight. Many people believe the things they see around on different websites that say that they can make a lot of money in a short period of time.

Even though I have not been internet marketing very long I know that success on a large level takes time and continued efforts.

Maria Marketing

One big mistake that I have heard of many new internet marketers making is starting in doing something without first looking to see what the best way to do it is.

Whilst I understand that new people are eager I just think that jumping in feet first without making sure they will be doing things right is just a recipe for disaster.

Will247

Back in the day when I first got started in doing IM I was expecting the results and money to come easily and quickly. I soon found out that it was going to take much longer and with more hard work than I expected.

It took some time to get going and lots of hours put into my IM but things became pretty successful over time.

I think that many new IM'ers think the same way I did because they see all kinds of get rich quick junk around and they start to believe it. I have learned that nothing good will come easy unless you are very lucky.

BelindaMT

I am a newbie in the internet world too. I'm glad that so far I didn't have any mistakes or high expectations. I knew from the start that this is not easy like magic to earn in the internet world. Until now I am struggling on how to make blogs. I really wanted to create blogs to have my own views on my other online business so I can attract referrals. I'm happy to see and read some comments here. It gives me an idea how other people misunderstood online marketing so I can avoid doing their mistakes.

Cris

Big CHECK to this. I really don't know before who's to believe and who's not. And I end up doubting everything I saw. It is not bad to try and believe we just need have more research and think before we act. If we need to think twice or more and spend hours or days to research please do so. This is just a small sacrifice to avoid a big ruination at the end.

Maketta

Another mistake that a lot of new internet marketers make is they don't do any studying before they start out. I think before you start you should read up on what it takes to be an online marketer. There are plenty of bloggers that you can follow and forums like this one are very helpful on your journey of internet marketing. Another thing I would suggest is working on personal development. Starting any kind of business it is going to take lots of effort. Having the right mindset can do wonders. This way you won't be so apt to quit when things get rough. Believing you can do it is very important.

I have done these things myself and they were very helpful to me. It's an ongoing process. You really have to be in it to win it.

JennyJ

I think that most people who are not internet marketers think that internet marketing is real easy and only requires a very little amount of time to be successful.

This is what most people that I have talked to and seen around seem to believe.

People don't realize that it is hard work and takes a lot of time and effort to make a good amount of money from it.

Kania

I think the most newbies to internet marketing just think the money is so easy to make or they fall for some of the fake scams that tell them they can make a lot of money if they buy something. It is better to do reading about it and get good information.