Maximum length of a domain name

KeralMTG

I do like it but I just want to be sure about it. I sometime overthink things.
That is understandable but you need to be careful because if you wait too long then someone might register it. If you like it then go get it mate.

JohnQ

That is understandable but you need to be careful because if you wait too long then someone might register it. If you like it then go get it mate.
I have been thinking that myself also. I might just register it and go for it anyway and if it doesn't work out then try to sell it.

KeralMTG

I have been thinking that myself also. I might just register it and go for it anyway and if it doesn't work out then try to sell it.
That's good mate. Then if you don't want it and use another one then you can just sell it and probably make your money back or more.

Gazoo

Actually I think that a 12 character .com domain is a good length these days due to the fact that there are so many .com domains that are gone and that there are not much choices left other than using a new domain extension.

I would say go and get it if it's a domain that you like.

ulterios

There are many websites that are using domain names that are longer than 12 characters so I don't think having one that length would be a problem as long as the domain is easy to spell and a nice name.

The longer the domain, the more chances of misspelling it so making sure it is easy to spell becomes more important with the longer domains.

JohnQ

Actually I think that a 12 character .com domain is a good length these days due to the fact that there are so many .com domains that are gone and that there are not much choices left other than using a new domain extension.

I would say go and get it if it's a domain that you like.
I had actually been thinking about using another extension that I could get a shorter domain in but I have been afraid that it might hurt the site I make on it.
There are many websites that are using domain names that are longer than 12 characters so I don't think having one that length would be a problem as long as the domain is easy to spell and a nice name.

The longer the domain, the more chances of misspelling it so making sure it is easy to spell becomes more important with the longer domains.
I didn't think about it from a spelling point of view. It's easy enough to spell though so I don't think that will matter. Thanks for mentioning that though. It was not something I was really thinking about.