LunaPic and PicMonkey

David Ewen

Has anyone tried LunaPic or PicMonkey? There are others such as Fotor that I have never used before. Are there advantages to buying a photo editor? What do you use?

Last edited by a moderator:

MidnightAngel

I've tried picmonkey, it wasn't bad. I have a photo editor online that I use that I like very much. Pixlr(dot)com I'd have to say that my favorite photo editor besides that one is Paint Shop Pro XI program. It is what I use for graphics, photo editing, design, etc. But if you're only looking for an online photo editor and you don't want to download anything, Pixlr(dot)com would be my choice. IMHO of course, someone else may have a better one. :Agx:

David Ewen

I've known about PIXLR, but never used it. I just looked at it when you mentioned it. It seems to be more robust than LunaPic which has been my favorite. After practicing with and trying out PIXLR, my favorite might change.

I've tried picmonkey, it wasn't bad. I have a photo editor online that I use that I like very much. Pixlr(dot)com I'd have to say that my favorite photo editor besides that one is Paint Shop Pro XI program. It is what I use for graphics, photo editing, design, etc. But if you're only looking for an online photo editor and you don't want to download anything, Pixlr(dot)com would be my choice. IMHO of course, someone else may have a better one. :Agx:

Last edited by a moderator:

Dean

I have used both LunaPic and PicMonkey in the past before I bought PhotoShop. LunaPic and PicMonkey will give decent results for some things but they just do not have the features and capabilities that PhotoShop has.

As with many things, including photo editing software and sites, you tend to get what you pay for so as long as you don't need the very best results then LunaPic and PicMonkey will be ok. If you want higher quality and lots of cool features, effects, styles and so on then something like PhotoShop will be much better.

Since Adobe has gone to a cloud service where you do not actually install everything on your computer like in the past, you can get some really great deals on previous versions of PhotoShop. If you are serious about photo editing and manipulating than investing in something like PhotoShop will be a wise investment.

Cheers, Dean.