Lowest Cost Web Hosting. Is it worth it?

David Ewen

The lowest cost web hosting is when you go with Wix.com, Weebly.com, Webs.com or any of those other Do-It-Yourself (DYI) website development tools. When creating a URL, I use GoDaddy to get a Domain name that points to the URL. Do service providers who provide hosting services that are paid for provide benefits beyond the free versions of Wix.com, Weebly.com, Webs.com?

Hostlumina

For the sites that you mentioned, there web builder tools are very limited (just like any other web site builder tool out there). If you are able to create your own web sites you are better off going with a provider that will give you the tools you need for various reasons.

Also, with the web site builders your site will look the same as any other site within the program that is using the same template except for the logo, colors, images and content.

Looking at WIX one huge disadvantage is there lowest priced plan actually has WIX ads. This is something I do not understand as you are basically paying them to advertise on your site with the lowest plan....

Some benefits of the other hosts not within the market of selling you on the web site builder tools are the following.

- Flexibility to install scripts such as WordPress, XenForo, SMF, etc....
- Able to develop your own websites/scripts
- Access to creating your own databases
- easily managed email accounts
- most hosts provide access to cPanel the leader in the hosting industry to manage your hosting account.
- You will most likely receive higher resources and pay less as the web host does not have the overhead to maintain & develop such complex web site builder the companies you mentioned rely on.
- You are able to backup your website and take it to another host easily. Some providers with such web site builders do not allow it.
- FREEDOM AND FULL CONTROL of the space your purchased as long as it is within the TOS/LAW of the hosting company of course.
- etc....

David Ewen

Thank you. The lowest price version of Wix that I use is free, so there is no cost. It's true, they have their ad on the site. I have used HTML Embed code from the App plugin that comes free with Wix to produce a level of customization such as meta tag code ( <meta name="_" content="____"> ) and widgets applied through HTML embed code. I've used canned widgets to add some level of quick customization. The embedding has been good to also ad my own advertising and affiliate marketing links. Although I am still looking to make those advertisements and affiliate marketing links more effective with increased web traffic. Thank you.

For the sites that you mentioned, there web builder tools are very limited (just like any other web site builder tool out there). If you are able to create your own web sites you are better off going with a provider that will give you the tools you need for various reasons.

Also, with the web site builders your site will look the same as any other site within the program that is using the same template except for the logo, colors, images and content.

Looking at WIX one huge disadvantage is there lowest priced plan actually has WIX ads. This is something I do not understand as you are basically paying them to advertise on your site with the lowest plan....

Some benefits of the other hosts not within the market of selling you on the web site builder tools are the following.

- Flexibility to install scripts such as WordPress, XenForo, SMF, etc....
- Able to develop your own websites/scripts
- Access to creating your own databases
- easily managed email accounts
- most hosts provide access to cPanel the leader in the hosting industry to manage your hosting account.
- You will most likely receive higher resources and pay less as the web host does not have the overhead to maintain & develop such complex web site builder the companies you mentioned rely on.
- You are able to backup your website and take it to another host easily. Some providers with such web site builders do not allow it.
- FREEDOM AND FULL CONTROL of the space your purchased as long as it is within the TOS/LAW of the hosting company of course.
- etc....