Is WordPress King?

David Ewen

Many websites are built with WordPress, but I've found other tools that seem to be easier to use such as the template driven resources like Wix or Weebly. What am I losing out on by not going with WordPress. Is there something about WordPress that pushes all others out of competition? Let me know.

Hostlumina

If you are comparing WIX with WordPress. The biggest gain I believe is control of your website from just installing it to plugins that will benefit your website and visitors.

My recommendation is for you to tryout WordPress for free to get a feel of it @ wordpress.com
It is a powerful script as long as you keep it secure & up to date.

aaron kev

I prefer wordpress just because of one reason, awesome plugins that help in on page/ off page optimization. It helps a lot.

Catherine1

I was looking at other options besides wordpress myself and keep going back to thinking that wordpress is the best option. There are many reasons like the amount of plugins and themes, and also the sheer number of people out there using it so there's lots of good information and help if you need it.

Ilyas

Wix and Weebly are totally different than WordPress, you can't compare them. WordPress is awesome for customization and its plugins. And it gives a nice and simple interface for managing pages and posts.

ims

Looking for Stars...
Staff member
Wordpress can be the "King" at this time but not sure it still keeps the position #1 in the future. Joomla was ever King in the past but since Wordpress appeared, it decreased market share on the internet.

I think no CMS is King, it depends on users and what features a user needs for their sites.

KeralMTG

I think wordpress is king of the CMS for now but that can change in the future. I think no software can be the best all of time.

vishwa

WordPress is very intuitive to use and have plethora of themes and plugins which helps you to expand and create almost any type of site you want. So, According to me WordPress is really a king.

ulterios

Many websites are built with WordPress, but I've found other tools that seem to be easier to use such as the template driven resources like Wix or Weebly.
Yes these types of website builder are easier but they lack a lot of the extra functions and features that a more full featured CMS can offer.

What am I losing out on by not going with WordPress.
Well, you are loosing out on the many functions that WordPress has over the simple website builders. You are missing out on the countless extra features, functions and capabilities that WordPress and it's thousands of plugins can add to a website over the simple website builders. You are also missing out on the many preset design themes as well as the custom made themes that can be made for WordPress over simple site builders like Weebly and Wix.

There are way too many things to list that Weebly and Wix lack over WordPress as a CMS. If you are going to be choosing between either Weebly or Wix vs. WordPress, then WordPress is the way to go! ;)

Dean

Wordpress has turned into a giant and is being used on more sites around the web than anything else, so Yes Wordpress is King!

Some of the site builders might be easier to use but they lack so much functionality that Wordpress offers. If you need Wordpress to do something that is usually doesn't do, there is usually a plugin to give it that ability.

Personally I would prefer to build my own sites from scratch but for those who can't or don't have the time, Wordpress is usually a real good choice.

Cheers, Dean

ulterios

I certainly hope not because it is the most frequently hacked imho.
It's the most frequently hacked but a big part of that is the fact that there are more WordPress built websites than any other CMS built websites.

It's also hacked because of the people who have the sites not using good security practices and especially using secure passwords and keeping their WordPress site updated like they should.

JohnQ

Many websites are built with WordPress, but I've found other tools that seem to be easier to use such as the template driven resources like Wix or Weebly. What am I losing out on by not going with WordPress. Is there something about WordPress that pushes all others out of competition? Let me know.
Stay away from using weebly or wix if you want people to have a good professional image of you. Those might be easy to setup but many people will look bad at those because they have a free option.

Stay with Wordpress and you'll be happy you did. :Thumb:

Adrianhenry

While template-driven website builders like Wix and Weebly can be easier for people with no technical skills to use, they do have some limitations compared to using WordPress:
  1. Flexibility: WordPress is a flexible platform that allows you to customize and extend your website in ways that may not be possible with a template-driven builder. This can be important if you have unique requirements or want to add custom functionality to your website.
  2. Ownership and control: With WordPress, you have full ownership and control over your website, including its code and data. With template-driven builders, your website is hosted on their servers and you may be limited in terms of customization and control.
  3. Search Engine Optimization (SEO): WordPress has many SEO-friendly features and plugins that can help you optimize your website for search engines, while template-driven builders may have limited SEO options.
  4. Third-party integrations: WordPress has a large developer community and a wide range of plugins available that allow you to integrate with other tools and platforms. With template-driven builders, you may be limited in terms of the third-party integrations you can use.
Overall, WordPress offers a more flexible, scalable, and customizable solution than template-driven website builders. However, if ease of use is your primary concern, a template-driven builder may be a good choice for you.