Is it good to have a blogger blog with a seperate wordpress blog for marketing?

Muzzamil

It really doesn't make sense to me unless they were in different niches.

Do you think the people that do that are just trying to give themselves two chances at making a sale? Thant's the only thing I can think of myself.
Some people make two websites for same niche or product because they want to test their sales copy. And which ever sales copy get them more sales, they use that copy. But very people do this. Most people make multiple webpages on same website to test their sales copy. But people do have multiple websites for different niches and products. Having multiple products of different niches only confuses and create suspicion in people so that's why they have different websites for products of different niches.

ulterios

Some people make two websites for same niche or product because they want to test their sales copy. And which ever sales copy get them more sales, they use that copy. But very people do this. Most people make multiple webpages on same website to test their sales copy. But people do have multiple websites for different niches and products. Having multiple products of different niches only confuses and create suspicion in people so that's why they have different websites for products of different niches.
I have always preferred to just make separate pages on the same site. It's easier and also helps that site's search rankings since all the pages are going to help it's rankings.

That is of course as long as their are no bad pages or pages that can potentially harm the SEO of the entire site. ;)

Catherine1

So if I do want to do more than one niche is it better to have one website that covers both or would multiple websites be better? I have some different ideas about what I want to get into for niches but do not know if 1 bigger website will be better than multiple websites for each niche.