Is it better to advertise my blog or the products directly?

Do you use social media advertising as your main advertising method?

• Yes

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equal to other methods

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • I do not use social media

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EVIH

Do you think it is better to advertise my blog and then advertise products on my blog, or is it better to advertise the products directly on the advertising sites?
Thanks

Dean

Do you think it is better to advertise my blog and then advertise products on my blog, or is it better to advertise the products directly on the advertising sites?
Thanks
This all depends on many different things. I assume that you are talking about affiliate items so that's what I am basing my answer on.

Over the years I have always found it better to advertise your blog or website over the products themselves. Things like having a review on an affiliate product or service and then advertising the review article will usually get more people to want to see it over just clicking/looking at a product advertisement itself.

This also helps to get more people to come to your site which can help boost its rankings as more and more people spend time on your site and look around at other things.

Advertising your site also helps in cases where someone comes to your site to learn more about something, then decides they are not interested in that thing. They might see some other post or page that has something else that they are interested in and what would have been a lost sale is now a conversion.

Some of the advertising sites don't like certain types of product advertisements so that's something to consider as well.

I always prefer to advertise the blog or site itself and that would be my recommendation.

Storm

I think it's best to advertise your blog and show the products that you are marketing on it. That way it gets traffic to your blog and maybe some sales. Plus the people might come back to your blog later and buy something else.

ulterios

Thanks
I would always choose to advertise your blog first and then have the products advertised on your blog. This can help your blog grow in authority, rankings, traffic and other positive ways.

Plus on your blog you can show more relevant information and needed images/videos that can help sell your product or service than you can through most advertising methods.

Kania

I would choose to advertise my blog instead of the product. This way more people will come to your blog and help it get more traffic and maybe better rankings.

Marcos

I think that promoting your blog will be much better. People are not always wanting to see advertisements for products so if you advertise your blog then you can at least get them there to look at things.