Is internal linking good for a website?

Storm

I was reading some different topics on the forum here after I saw some posts about having internal links for your website. Some of the posts were a couple of years old so I don't know if internal links on your website are good or bad.

Does anyone know if internal linking is still good or if it is not?

Traveler

Yes internal linking is still good but you just do not want to do a lot of links on one single page. It is good to have links to related posts of pages on your website that are similar or related to the page or post you put the link on. This can also help to keep people on your website longer.

Dean

Internal linking is still good and it can help your website and your earnings if you are using some kind of affiliate marketing. It can help by keeping people on your website longer, especially if those internal links go from one page to a related page.

I didn't used to have but very little internal linking years ago and then I started doing a lot more internal linking and my bounce rate, affiliate earnings and my rankings improved.

JennyJ

I have been researching a lot of things that are SEO related and everyone says that internal linking is good. It it supposed to keep people on your website longer and advertisers and even Google is supposed to like that.

I really don't know all the best ways to do it but on my blog I have related posts link to each other.

ulterios

Internal linking if done right can be very good for your website. You just don't want to get carried away and have tons of links on all your pages going to other pages just for the sake of having internal links.

Try to link to other pages and posts as they are relevant and that can help keep people on your site longer and reduce your bounce rate. ;)

BelCloud

Internal linking is good as long as it does not promote duplicate content. It is okay to post links to pages but not to have duplicate content on different pages as you will be penalized by google. Also the internal linking is good to a certain point: if you have 500 links to the same page on a single page, you will also be penalized.

Dean

Internal linking is good as long as it does not promote duplicate content. It is okay to post links to pages but not to have duplicate content on different pages as you will be penalized by google. Also the internal linking is good to a certain point: if you have 500 links to the same page on a single page, you will also be penalized.
Very good things to point out! I have seen a lot of websites that are having a lot of links to the exact same page. I don't think that they realize that practices like that are only hurting them.

vishwa

Interlinking is definitely help you to reduce the bounce rate of your site and also increase user engagement on your site. It is also consider as a one of the best on page SEO techniques.

Catherine1

I read somewhere one time that having internal links is good for SEO and Google likes websites that have them but I can't remember where I read it. I think it was on one of the big SEO information sites.