Is Google + better than Facebook?

HenaryMagas

I prefer google+ for posting my blog posts, there are communities for targeted users there for engaging and increase traffic to my blog. I think Google + is better for SEO and backlinks. So it really helps me get better rankings on search engines

In your point of view, which network better for promiting and ranking, Google + or Facbeook?

nesito29

I prefer google+ for posting my blog posts, there are communities for targeted users there for engaging and increase traffic to my blog. I think Google + is better for SEO and backlinks. So it really helps me get better rankings on search engines

In your point of view, which network better for promiting and ranking, Google + or Facbeook?

I agree with you on G+ being better, their communities are very engaging and they show your content really good. But, I'm afraid that you are wrong when it comes to saying that it helps SEO. All of the links that come from G+ are no-follow which means they won't give you a boost in the rankings. However, It's really easy to rank a post you make on G+ that in Facebook. I've run many tests doing this and I've ranked posts on page 1 of Google, it's rather easy, it gives you a boost on visitor and builds your authority in G+.

Having said that Facebook has groups that are similar to communities in G+ but, many studies have proven that most of Facebook's users basically hate people trying to sell them something directly on Facebook which is not the case in G+. Anyway it really depends on the strategy and approach you have with your audience.

Hope this information helps you and wish you the best of luck.

Regards,
John

Reactions: ims

Nytshade

Nice one John, I agree with most of what you said.

With facebook having too many rules, G+ is a good social network to use for business and branding at the moment. Facebook is currently working well for people who've been there for a while or have a good budget. If you've been on facebook for a while then you know it was a lot easier back then, but it's understandable because all that facebook wants is to make people use their Ads. That is why it's going to be a lot harder to build a brand on FB for new users on a tight budget. It is possible though.

The problem is that everyone on facebook is labeled as a potential advertiser, the same people who produce content have to pay so that their posts can reach their friends/fans. I don't know how long this model will last but I see a better future in G+, the communities in G+ are really great as well. G+ also connects with Youtube, which pays people for their content not the other way round like facebook :D

... And on Youtube they allow you to reach all your subscribers (no filtering) and when you advertise, you're advertising so that you can reach people that you wouldn't be able to reach. That makes perfect sense unlike me building fans and paying to reach them.

For someone who's new to facebook and doesn't have a budget then I would recommend G+, I use it everyday. I also recommend Circloscope, it's the software I use and it's just $47 a year which is really cheap for the service they provide.

I'm still getting more traffic from facebook because I've been using it for a while and was able to build a good audience. But after using Circloscope I think that will change pretty soon because my G+ re-shares are constantly increasing.

I think Google + is better for SEO and backlinks. So it really helps me get better rankings on search engines

I think you're getting better rankings because of organic backlinks, maybe the traffic you're getting from G+ is sharing your content on other platforms online. G+ is helping you get organic backlinks, so in a way, yes you're right, it is helping you improve rankings. Hope that makes sense.

When it comes to SEO, what I see is that G+ posts rank well on Google Search (SERPs) just like John has already mentioned above, especially to people who follow you or have you in their circles. But G+ doesn't have any SEO benefit for blog posts, simply because they use a nofollow tag.

Reactions: ims
I think Facebook is best for conversation and sharing information about business advertisement and more beneficial for building pages of business name, service name and more.

And G+ is a amazing social sites for unique quality advertisement of business and share in a attractive way ads.

So this reasons Facebook and G+ Social Media is boon for Business Advertisement.

ulterios

Between Google+ and Facebook, I personally have gotten more user engagement and traffic with Google+. As others have stated above, Google+ is also better than Facebook for ranking posts higher and quicker.

Out of all the social media platforms I use, Twitter is my top traffic source coming for social media traffic. Google+ is second, but it's a distant second.

Dean

both are good but i think google plus is most best than Facebook
Why do you think that Google Plus is better than Facebook? I agree with you for most things Google Plus is better than Facebook but I am curious why you think that.

Cheers, Dean.

10 Reasons Why Google+ Is Better Than Facebook
You can search it
You can keep it safe
Personal contacts integration
Get organized
All under one roof
Being fed by your feed
Customize the way you want others to view you
Contact people directly
Better event invites
Live recorded webinars and video chat

Michael

I was reading about this a few days ago and there are a lot of posts out there that say that Google+ is good for the SEO of your site and that Facebook is the best for sales. I am going to be using these two with these things in mind at least until I learn more about internet marketing.

Kania

I see many people saying that Google+ is better for seo and ranking help but I just saw some things in the last few days about Google closing down Google+. They fired many people that were working on it and they are supposed to close it. I don't know how true the closing part is and maybe it is just a rumor.

Nomnom

As of now, Facebook is the king of social network sites and it's not even close. Google+ just feels like a ghost town as compared to Facebook. Facebook is sounds and full of activity whereas Google+ is like the opposite. It's so boring and lifeless. I don't even know one friend of mine who is using the service.

I don't know how true the rumors are about Google + shutting down or that posts made in G+ are good for SEO (maybe because the content is searchable?). But SEO or not, Facebook will still provide you with the most views to an article that you post or a video that you share.

alexanderzx360

Facebook is still the king in social networks, the thing with Google+ is that it had a really tough start, no one really liked it at the beginning. Right now more people is in it due to it got implemented with almost everything else Google had, such as Youtube, but barely any people go straight to the "Google+" main page to see what their friends are doing and that kind of stuff.

Heatman

I would say that it depends on what you want to do on each of the platforms that would determine which one is better over the other.

If it's blog post and stuffs about it, I think Google+ should be more preferable but if it's other social activities, I think Facebook would just be perfect.

young

Both are the best platforms to promote your products and services, it is depend on how you use & test the platforms and which social media platforms generate more traffic for your website.

I agree with you. Both have usage. Both have the advantageous features. Facebook is used in social activities. While google, it is used for research and other academic activities.