Is freelance writing still a good career?

Is freelance writing still a good career?

Discussion in 'E-Commerce & Payment Systems' started by freelancerguy, Nov 12, 2015.

1. freelancerguy

freelancerguy Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I was always interested in joining freelance writing career, however, I found more big sites out there offering these services like elance, I writer and a few others but it all seems very more potential for earning money from it. Anyone here is doing as freelance writing? Do you think it's still a good career to earn money online?

2. ChrisBa

ChrisBa New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Freelancer writing is one of hot careers that generating money online for writers today, they are earning more $$$$ from selling articles to webmasters and marketers. I am hiring some writers to write articles for my blog (smartphone and hosting niche).

3. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    Freelance writing can be a good career if you have the skills, clients and can keep bringing new ones in. The thing is that there are so many freelance writers these days that you might have to work for almost nothing to get started and then gradually work your pricing up as you get more clients and business.

I think that if you can get in good with some regular clients then that can boost your ability to be successful more quickly. You are probably going to have to do multiple things to make good money before being able to rely on just freelance writing as a good source of income. If you are determined and work hard as well as have a little luck then you might be able to be a successful freelance writer and earn a living from it.

Cheers, Dean.

4. ulterios

ulterios Global Mod

Ratings:
    +226 / 1 / -0
    I think that there is still a good chance to make good money at this but you would just have to work hard and get some good and consistent clients to write for. I think that just bouncing around from one job to the next and making good money at it isn't going to be easy.

One big key to success in this field would be to build up a good reputation and get the word spread about your services. If you can get a few bigger and more well know clients then that could surely help boost the possibility of making good money at freelance writing. ;)