Is facebook the best social website to start with?

Ana

Is facebook the best social website to start using first if you do not have experience using these type of website or is there better one?

Is it true that facebook will block you if you do marketing on it? Someone told me this and I do not want to get blocked if I use this one.

SenseiSteve

I don't know if I'd classify Facebook as the best social website. I do think it's an important piece of any marketing strategy. I always set up Twitter first and populate that before setting up a Facebook page.

I think Facebook is best place to share business news and offers. I suggest you Connect to your business related social groups and pages, then share your business info.
Connect to business area of FB Friends and add and introduce your business services.

I hope this Information will helpful for you ..

Ana

I don't know if I'd classify Facebook as the best social website. I do think it's an important piece of any marketing strategy. I always set up Twitter first and populate that before setting up a Facebook page.
Thank you. Twitter would be the best one to start and then facebook?

Will facebook and twitter ban you if you do marketing on it?

Ana

I think Facebook is best place to share business news and offers. I suggest you Connect to your business related social groups and pages, then share your business info.
Connect to business area of FB Friends and add and introduce your business services.

I hope this Information will helpful for you ..
Thank you. How do I connect them?

Sorry, this is a new thing for me.

ProfMike

I don't think any one social media site is the best. It depends on what you are marketing and the type of audience you are trying to reach.

If Social Media platform has its own advantages and disadvantages. Some of them, like Facebook, by many users are used mainly for a chat and update platform. They chat with their friends, not in real time, and they update their statuses to their circle. In many ways I think this can be a big distraction for marketing. The reason I say that is that there are so many trivial conversations going on on a platform like Facebook that a lot of good information gets lost in the noise of the platform.

Depending upon what you are trying to market should determine what avenue you focus on first. I was trying to reach a highly technical audience with my training site and so I began my focus on Google+ communities. There I can focus and concentrate on people that are interested in the same types of things that I am doing and marketing. That has worked out well for me.

I have since spread out and used Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, etc as I increased my audience.

Reactions: Ana

Ana

I don't think any one social media site is the best. It depends on what you are marketing and the type of audience you are trying to reach.

If Social Media platform has its own advantages and disadvantages. Some of them, like Facebook, by many users are used mainly for a chat and update platform. They chat with their friends, not in real time, and they update their statuses to their circle. In many ways I think this can be a big distraction for marketing. The reason I say that is that there are so many trivial conversations going on on a platform like Facebook that a lot of good information gets lost in the noise of the platform.

Depending upon what you are trying to market should determine what avenue you focus on first. I was trying to reach a highly technical audience with my training site and so I began my focus on Google+ communities. There I can focus and concentrate on people that are interested in the same types of things that I am doing and marketing. That has worked out well for me.

I have since spread out and used Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, etc as I increased my audience.
Thank you for this information.

When you are saying statuses does that mean marital? I was reading about facebook has much dating and things like that on it.

Youtube is good for marketing? Like advertisements? Sorry for silly questions but much of this is new to me.

ProfMike

Marital is one status that they put up there, but I mean there are many. From what I have seen many individuals use the Facebook platform to announce just about anything. Where they ate, who they are dating, or NOT dating, who they hook up with, or NOT hoot up with, etc. There is way too much personal information shared on that site.

I have designed sites and applications in the Public Safety arena for many years, and I can tell you first hand that there have been members of my team that have not been allowed on a customer site or access to customer information based on not being able to get through a background security check and much of the information they were basing that on was information contained in Social Media sites.

YouTube is a good marketing tool and like Google+ you can target an audience based on the type of traffic you are looking for.

And by the way there is no such thing as a silly question. The only silly question, is the question that is not asked.

I hope this helps.

Ana

Marital is one status that they put up there, but I mean there are many. From what I have seen many individuals use the Facebook platform to announce just about anything. Where they ate, who they are dating, or NOT dating, who they hook up with, or NOT hoot up with, etc. There is way too much personal information shared on that site.

I have designed sites and applications in the Public Safety arena for many years, and I can tell you first hand that there have been members of my team that have not been allowed on a customer site or access to customer information based on not being able to get through a background security check and much of the information they were basing that on was information contained in Social Media sites.

YouTube is a good marketing tool and like Google+ you can target an audience based on the type of traffic you are looking for.

And by the way there is no such thing as a silly question. The only silly question, is the question that is not asked.

I hope this helps.
Thank you for more information. Everything is helping me to better understand how this works.

So why do people want to tell everyone things that do not matter? That seems some kind strange.

This you said "The only silly question, is the question that is not asked." is something that my grandfather use to tell us when we were children growing up. I believe this is true but sometimes people get angry when you ask a question they think is silly or dumb. I am just learning about these things every day so I like to ask what I can not find answers for. You have been very helpful, thank you very much.

Olivia Hintz

Facebook marketing is one of the most important source of Social Media Marketing. So you must say that it's the best social website to start with. No no that's not true, You are not blocked if you do marketing on Facebook. Twitter and Google+ are the other alternatives of online marketing. Thank you.

Ana

Facebook marketing is one of the most important source of Social Media Marketing. So you must say that it's the best social website to start with. No no that's not true, You are not blocked if you do marketing on Facebook. Twitter and Google+ are the other alternatives of online marketing. Thank you.
Thank you for sharing this information. I did not think it was true because I have seen many marketing on facebook but I want to make sure first. Thank you

ulterios

Hi Ana,

In my opinion I don't think that Facebook would probably be the best choice as to where to start out using social media websites. I think that Twitter would probably be the best one to start with for people looking to do some marketing and who have not had any experience with.

Facebook might require a bit more interaction with people than Twitter so if you start out on Twitter, you can see how things work on those types of sites and then go to Facebook, Google+ from there.

With Twitter you can market whatever you are trying to market, sit back and see how things work, then move on to the next social media site you want to try.

I am not saying that you can't start out with Facebook, just that Twitter might be easier to get the hang of since you will be new to social media sites.

Good Luck.

Ana

Hi Ana,

In my opinion I don't think that Facebook would probably be the best choice as to where to start out using social media websites. I think that Twitter would probably be the best one to start with for people looking to do some marketing and who have not had any experience with.

Facebook might require a bit more interaction with people than Twitter so if you start out on Twitter, you can see how things work on those types of sites and then go to Facebook, Google+ from there.

With Twitter you can market whatever you are trying to market, sit back and see how things work, then move on to the next social media site you want to try.

I am not saying that you can't start out with Facebook, just that Twitter might be easier to get the hang of since you will be new to social media sites.

Good Luck.
Thank you for this information. I am only a little bit familiar with twitter so do not know how to use it. Is this one easier to use for a new person?

ulterios

Thank you for this information. I am only a little bit familiar with twitter so do not know how to use it. Is this one easier to use for a new person?
Hi Ana,

Yes, Twitter is probably the easiest social media platform for someone new to be able to use and figure out functions. They have a lot of helpful tips, information and more in their help area (found HERE). There is usually less interaction with other people so you can Tweet (post) your information that you want to share and not have to worry about much after that.

When you are ready to set it up just let us know here (post a new thread if you need to) if you need any help or tips and I am sure many members will be able to help get you going in the right direction.

If you have any questions, just let me know.

Good Luck. ;)

Ana

Hi Ana,

Yes, Twitter is probably the easiest social media platform for someone new to be able to use and figure out functions. They have a lot of helpful tips, information and more in their help area (found HERE). There is usually less interaction with other people so you can Tweet (post) your information that you want to share and not have to worry about much after that.

When you are ready to set it up just let us know here (post a new thread if you need to) if you need any help or tips and I am sure many members will be able to help get you going in the right direction.

If you have any questions, just let me know.

Good Luck. ;)
Thank you for this information. I think then I maybe will start with twitter because it is the more easier one. I really do not hear about this one where I live too much but facebook we hear more. When I am ready to start I will ask any questions for help if I need it. Thank you.

Dean

I don't think that one particular social site is particularly easier for everyone. I do think it will depend a lot on the person and what their social skills and their abilities are. Some people may like to interact more than other people so what will be best for one person don't mean it's best for everyone else. I think it will depend a lot on personal preferences of the individual and what's best for one may be the worst for another.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Dean

Ana

@Ana first of all you need to decide in which niche you will working or doing the IM . According to that you can select your social media platform and marketing strategy.

Suppose you are working over fashion niche you will get a good engagement from Pinterest / Instagram .

Trial - Error - Failure - Success.

Don't stop until you achieve your goal.
Thank you. If I want to do cooking and health then which one will be the best one for that? I am sorry but I do not know much about these things yet.

Ana

I don't think that one particular social site is particularly easier for everyone. I do think it will depend a lot on the person and what their social skills and their abilities are. Some people may like to interact more than other people so what will be best for one person don't mean it's best for everyone else. I think it will depend a lot on personal preferences of the individual and what's best for one may be the worst for another.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Dean
Thank you. Are not some of them more difficult to learn how to do things on them?