Increase my website speed on Google PageSpeed Insights Tool?

Increase my website speed on Google PageSpeed Insights Tool?

Discussion in 'Website Design' started by ricrodrigo, Jan 7, 2015.

1. ricrodrigo

ricrodrigo New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi everyone,

I looked up my Google Speed Insight ranking and my website is getting low marks at 55/100 through Desktop.
    The site is on a WordPress Platform and I installed some wordpress Plug-in but I don't know if there are any plugins that can improve my website loading speed out there. My hosting is HostGator.
    What things can I do to increase my website loading speed and scores on Google PageSpeed Insights tool??

Please advise me

2. affiliator

affiliator New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Wp smushit will help reduce the size of the images on your site which means faster loading time. you can find it here

If you don't use this plugin, try to save all images to your local PC and open Photoshop, save them all for web and re-save, don't forget to reupload them to where they were belong to.

You require coding experience to enable you solve a number of the problems. It may involve having to remove space between code syntax in css, html and so on.

Should you not have this experience, I suggest you hire someone to do this for you.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2015
  3. sam.hunt0710

sam.hunt0710 Moderator

Ratings:
    +176 / 3 / -0
  4. MacS09

MacS09 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I don't wp super cache will improve more scores for the OP's website on Google PageSpeed Insights Tool

why did you suppose that?

5. aaron kev

aaron kev Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    OP, do you have got slider on your site? If yes, try to remove it if possible. It will create a huge difference in loading time.