How to promote your blog with Youtube?

Glenn Kilpatric

I saw more peoples using Youtube as a advertising channel

how to do that? how to promote my blog with Youtube?

please share honest tips!

David Ewen

Think of it this way. If movie trailers work for movies, then why not other types of trailers for things like blogs? A cell phone video-selfie describing your blog is the most basic one. You can use iMovie or Windows Movie Maker to make a nice video with edits that is then uploaded to YouTube. The video alone is not enough. It is necessary to share it with the world through social media and distributing it with HootSuite for increased distribution volume. Great question you had. I'd love to know what others think.

Nytshade

I had one guy who said to me: "I love your content mate, it really helps me. BUT I'm a heavy weed smoker and lazy to read most of the time, can you please send me videos...?"
It makes sense, you can't read when you're dizzy haha :Lol:

So every blog post I create is accompanied by a video for all the visual students.

Anyway, when you already have a blog then you already have the content, which means you have half of the battle won. You just have to learn how to make that post video friendly. That means turning the blog post into a video script and trying to keep it short by sticking to the point without rambling or going off-topic.

Once you have your script then you can record your video, choose any video format you like but most people prefer screenshot step-by-step tutorials. In your video, always have a link to your blog, maybe as a watermark or whatever you prefer, let it show through the entire video. Include your blog url in the description as well.

Make the link on the youtube video clickable by associating your blog with your channel and webmaster tools. You can use youtube annotations to make the links on your video clickable once you have your website verified. It's always a good idea to syndicate your text blog post into video or even audio to reach more people.

Don't limit yourself to youtube only, also submit your video to other video websites as well. You can even turn your video into audio/mp3 and submit it to different podcast websites, that will bring you more traffic and create backlinks instead of just relying on your text blog post.

As of this moment I have 138 web & graphic design video tutorials I have created on my YouTube channel. I keep pumping out video tutorials because they work wonders:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Muzzamil

what @Nytshade said is how you can promote your blog through youtube. When it comes to youtube, there are very few ways to promote your blog such as making a value driven video about your blog or asking someone famous to give you a shotout which is only possible if you know someone that has a lot of subscribers. Although there are paid ways to promote you blog on youtube such as putting a banner ad up or putting video as an ad. Good Luck!

Dean

I have been noticing lately that there are a lot more people using videos to promote their blogs. I think that with a good catchy video that you can put on Youtube and the other video websites then that can turn out to be a good source of traffic for your blog.

Most of the videos that I have seen are the animated character or cartoon type of videos and some are really cool. I have seen some freelancers offer reasonably priced video production services so that might have a lot to do with it.

I think that if you can create or have made a good catchy video and you market it properly then you might just get another good source of traffic for your blog.

Catherine1

What I have seen a lot of people do with their videos based on what I have watched myself is that they will give a short description or overview on something and then if you want to find out more about something then you have to go to their blog to see or read more.

It seems like many people are doing that and I guess that it works.

Hello you
How To Use YouTube To Promote Your Blog Post

Tip 1: Keep Your Video Under 120 Seconds
YouTube is a video platform, it is recommended to keep your videos short. Less than 90 seconds to 2 minutes is optimal for getting viewers to complete a call to action.

Tip 2: Don’t Discuss Your Entire Blog Post!!
Let’s say you have written a post along the line of “5 Tips to…” or a list post. A recent post that I published was along these lines, check it out here “How to Structure an Article: 5 Killer Tips”

When recording the video, title it “3 Tips to..” and discuss them in your video.

At the end of your video, tell viewers that if they like the content they can get more info on your blog post and also get more tips too!

Tip 3: Put A Link To Your Post Below Your Video
Once you have provided the call to action within your video, make sure to have a link to the blog with the additional tips below it.

You will also find that your SEO will improve as YouTube is less competitive for key terms than Google and Google also ranks video very highly too.

goldlady

Day by day it is more common to see bloggers that become youtubers or even youtubers that start blogging. It's obvious that this blogger-youtuber combination is becoming really popular and succesful when it comes to marketing. Promoting your blog using youtube it's easy. You only have to keep creating same content but in video format. The rest will be done by itself!

tedzk26

One way is to buy ads from youtube/google or Add links to your web site, blog posts or other social media postings. You get to reach a large audience to promote your YouTube posting and increase views.