How to optimize new blog for search engines

RS Johnson

Hi guys,

I would like somebody to advice me what I am doing wrong and what are the basic steps I should take to optimize my new website or blog for search engines.
I have in the past targeted some keywords on my blogger. However, when I do the following on my site:
mysite. com/my_keyword_page
I discovered that I did find it on Google but on performing a search on Google for the keywords, I could not find my blog topic for track ranking.
Please advice what I am doing wrong and how I should make corrections.

KikoLyne

You didn't do wrong but problem is, your blog is new and it need time and quality backlinks point to it. When it has enough SEO points like backlinks, content, social shares, daily visitors..etc then internal pages will increase rankings on search results(SERP).

Remmembers one thing, you need to do SEO on-page for these page, it's very important if you don't have heading tags, suitable keywords density, light web page size..then you will have difficulty in improving positions for it. Even don't think about FIRST page on SERP :D

Be patient! All depend on your efforts. :thumb:

aaron kev

You are actually doing this right but you need to go for some on site + off site seo for this. What's search volume for your keyword mate?

RS Johnson

You are actually doing this right but you need to go for some on site + off site seo for this. What's search volume for your keyword mate?

Could you tell me details about off page site seo?

for keyword volume around 200K a month, it's high or average?

Dean

There are many reasons that this could happen and some are the fact that a blog is new, the on-page SEO is not what it should be, the off-page SEO has not been done or not done properly and any number of other things.

I would look at on-page SEO first if it was my site.

Cheers, Dean.