How to make long tail keyword work?

Chas P. Gibson

I am hiring writers to write articles for my blog

but how to put long tail keyword into my blog article and make them work, I mean my articles will get high rankings on search engine results?

All your suggestions are welcomed.

elcidofaguy

You need to focus on developing a silo on your website... Your long tail keyword articles should link to related content i.e. root keywords which are on other articles...

I recommend that you read up on Google's Hummingbird as then you will better understand how G crawls and understand your site... In sum G looks at all of your content and assesses the semantic relationship between your posts/pages...

Here is a quick example:

1) You want to rank for the word "red apples"... So you write a massive post on that...
2) You create a bunch of articles which are related e.g. "where to buy the best apples ...", "best apple recipes" .. Where appropriate I would add link in these posts which point back to the red apples... This basically tells G that the "red apples" post is highly relevant for that keyword and further you implement the semantic relationship between those keywords and topics....

Hope that helps...

bestwptheme

2) You create a bunch of articles which are related e.g. "where to buy the best apples ...", "best apple recipes" .. Where appropriate I would add link in these posts which point back to the red apples... This basically tells G that the "red apples" post is highly relevant for that keyword and further you implement the semantic relationship between those keywords and topics....
Are you mentioning about creating more articles and link them together through internal links?

elcidofaguy

Are you mentioning about creating more articles and link them together through internal links?

Indeed.... If you are going to go to the effort of getting lots of articles written as per OP with hiring people - then the best approach would be to make sure that the articles can be linked... That way you can use internal links to redirect link juice to a specific page/post which you are attempting to get ranked...