How to know a web hosting is fast or slow

JSchenker

For a web hosting I don't have information about it before, I want to check how my website will be loaded on new host, then how to know a web hosting is fast or slow, any ways?

Andrei

You cannot know beforehand how your website will load on the new host... but you can check things such as latency, maybe download speed, etc... In most cases web hosts will give you X days money back guaranteed, so you can actually try your website on their servers and see how it loads, and if you're not satisfied you can ask for a refund.

RDO Servers

Thats right. The only way to know for sure is to try it. Every website is different, so saying "Sites load in 1 second" would be useless. I can put a highly optimised wordpress site on my server that loads in milliseconds, but that doesn't mean your site will be that fast.

Hostlumina

The only tests you can do in order to get an idea how fast >you< reach the server and download speed is by contacting the service provider you are interested in and inquire to see if they have a download test file. From there you can check the download speed for you and you can ping/traceroute whatever IP/address they provided you for the download test file.

As far as the speed of your site there are few variables to consider such as:
- Provider
- How well optimized your website is

As mentioned above - Your best bet is to try out the provider. Make sure you do your research and that they offer a money back guarantee.