How to increase Click-Through Rate (CTR)?

Olinlama

What is CTR and any tips to increase Click-Through Rate (CTR)?

I am looking fro ways to improve CTR for my site?

Please share your honest answers

sam.hunt0710

Click-through rate (CTR) is a way of measuring the success of an online advertising campaign for a particular website as well as the effectiveness of an email campaign by the number of users that clicked on a specific link.

The purpose of click-through rates is to measure the ratio of clicks to impressions of an online ad or email marketing campaign. Generally the higher the CTR the more effective the marketing campaign has been at bringing people to a website.

eab5bbcbc05b12bb6f80943ede6b0442.png

aaron kev

Let me explain this in my project terms, One of project is Pinterest + amazon, I pin apprx 20-22 everyday. Now if drop cloak link in every pin it will drop my CTR but if drop links in only 30% pins , like 9-10 , then it will increase my CTR as more visitors will click that link .
Hope it will help.

nesito29

Just like sam.hunt0710 said CTR
is a way of measuring the success of an online advertising campaign for a particular website as well as the effectiveness of an email campaign by the number of users that clicked on a specific link.

There are several ways as to increase it. Here are a few examples:
  • Images: Images increase CTR by "showing" something or "pointing" somewhere, like arrows, e.g. your opt-in box (pretty people looking to the right or left, where what you want to be clicked is, women smiling increase CTR as well).
  • Call To Action: As it says is saying something like "click here in order to find out more" or something similar, this gives people direction as to what to do next, plus it increases the possibility of making the sale or opt-in latter on (saying yes to many small things will increase the possibility to say yes to something bigger latter on, like an offer to sale them something).
Hope this helps you increase your CTR.

elcidofaguy

CTR - Also applies to ranking on the search results and not just ads... In this case its your title and meta description tag which can increase your chances of people clicking on your site within the search results as that is the snippet of text shown... By making it more interesting, relevant to search terms the greater your chances of people clicking on it...