How to build authority backlinks for my website?

davidfranco

I have just bought a new domain and building website now and posting some articles on it and I want to know that how I can build authority backlinks for my new website so that It can rank higher in search engines in short time?

PTTed

I typically start out by identifying other websites where their audience matches the audience I want for my website. In other words, figure out who you think is the ideal person for what your website offers. Then go find out what websites those people are spending their time on. And see if there is a way to get a dofollow link from that website. If possible you want your link to come from a page that is as close to the homepage as possible. When I say close, I mean it should only take one click to get from the homepage to that page your link comes from. That would be ideal, but do the best you can. Obviously a homepage link would be even better.

The method that you are going to need to take to get that link will depend on what type of website it is that you discovered your audience spends time on. If it is a blog, then maybe you could establish a relationship with that blogger somehow and eventually convince him/her to publish an epic blog post you wrote. And if the blog post is good enough and it turns into one of their "favorite" pages that brings in the most traffic, then maybe they will link to it from their homepage. Then you get your juicy link. Obviously this method takes a lot of effort.

Some sites will be easier to get a link like that from than others will. For example, maybe you join a forum where your audience hangs out. Some forums allow you to publish articles that have dofollow links in them. You could write an exceptionally high quality article and publish it on a forum with your link pointing back at your website. Then you use your forum signature link to link back to that page on that forum that has your outbound link. The more discussions you contribute on at that forum, the more PageRank gets sent to the page that links to your site. This is one example of how you can turn an ordinary link on a low value page into a very valuable link on a very valuable page.

Do some competitive analysis to see where other sites like yours are getting their best links from. Then check those pages and websites where their links come from. See how hard it would be for you to get a link from there also. You will find some are easy to acquire and some are probably very hard to get.

Those are some cleaner, white hat ways of earning authoritative links.

Getting high quality links usually requires that you have a high quality website with at least one page (hopefully a lot more than one page) of content that is so good it is worth it for somebody to link to it.

You can also build links yourself strictly for the intention of providing a ranking boost. This violates Google's Webmaster guidelines though. And if you are caught, your site can get severely demoted or even de-indexed. There are numerous ways to do that which include buying links, buying old domains with link juice, creating a link network of your own, tiered link building or engaging in web spam.