how much sites do we need to built a good pbn?

I want to know how much sites should we have to built a good quality PBN (Personal Blogging Network)? I mean what would be the best number of sites to get high quality PBN?

sam.hunt0710

Basically it depends on your budget , how many good domains you can afford , different hosting providers , C-class IP's per domain , great content , whois protection and above all to hide your footprints .

if you are taking care of all the points and customizing a great PBN even 10 domains can help you a lot otherwise its no use of having 1k domains in your PBN.

Mark007

I think there are no exact count for the number of blogs for building a network. You can use as many good domains as you can purchase and build them with good contents. PBNs are not very helpful these days for building your website backlinks.

Basically it depends on your budget , how many good domains you can afford , different hosting providers , C-class IP's per domain , great content , whois protection and above all to hide your footprints .

if you are taking care of all the points and customizing a great PBN even 10 domains can help you a lot otherwise its no use of having 1k domains in your PBN.
It means there are a whole lot of stuff to do for creating a PBN network. But I want to ask you what is a C-Class IP for a domain? should I have top buy it from the domain registrar or hosting provider?

I think there are no exact count for the number of blogs for building a network. You can use as many good domains as you can purchase and build them with good contents. PBNs are not very helpful these days for building your website backlinks.
What! PBN's are not effective these days? Please clear me out? so that I could stop here before investing any further?

Last edited by a moderator:

elcidofaguy

PBNs when done right is for sure the best way to get authoritative backlinks which can dramatically increase your rankings... Regarding how many - well that depends on your competition with regards to their backlinking profile... My recommendation is that you build is up slowly i.e. aim for one new PBN per 2-4 weeks as a combined approach with other means to get backlinks such as guest postings etc...

PBNs when done right is for sure the best way to get authoritative backlinks which can dramatically increase your rankings... Regarding how many - well that depends on your competition with regards to their backlinking profile... My recommendation is that you build is up slowly i.e. aim for one new PBN per 2-4 weeks as a combined approach with other means to get backlinks such as guest postings etc...
Yes this strategy would be more effective in ranking my site against my competitor. I should built my PBN slowly and rely on other back linking sources meanwhile.

sam.hunt0710

When you sign up with a hosting company, your domain receives an IP address on a web server. An IP address is similar to a postal address because it helps people locate your site on the Internet.

for example
ip A.B.C.D

When two IP addresses have different C-Class and D-Class IPs, each address is part of a different C-Class IP. This is important because of search engine optimization.

Mark007

It means there are a whole lot of stuff to do for creating a PBN network. But I want to ask you what is a C-Class IP for a domain? should I have top buy it from the domain registrar or hosting provider?

You can always request your hosting provider to provide you with different C-class IP addresses. This will help you to build blogs with different IPs and get more value compared to hosting them on the same IP range.

When you sign up with a hosting company, your domain receives an IP address on a web server. An IP address is similar to a postal address because it helps people locate your site on the Internet.

for example
ip A.B.C.D

When two IP addresses have different C-Class and D-Class IPs, each address is part of a different C-Class IP. This is important because of search engine optimization.
Ohh! I see. Could you tell me is what are the average charges for a C-Class IP that hosting providers will charge?

elcidofaguy

Seriously don't bother with SEO web hosting services which offer c-class hosting... Google has hit a lot of these providers hard with detecting PBNs...Ironically its an obvious footprint which can easily be detected when you host your PBN sites on... Your best bet is to use different web hosting providers together with WHOIS privacy... There are tons of web hosting firms out there - so dont get hung up on who to go with.... Just choose one that is reasonably reliable and affordable...

In addition when it comes to PBNs make sure to minimize your other foortprints i.e. use a different CMS, avoid the same use of plugins as on your money site, do not use the same affiliate ids, ad network ids etc which can link your money site and PBNs together as being under the same owner etc...