How much do you pay for your web hosting?

everyonewins

I currently have a web hosting $5 monthly. Do you think what you are paying for is worth the price? How much do you pay for your web hosting?

RDO Servers

Often time, (but not always), you get what you pay for!

There are still places to get free hosting, and many places that offer very very cheap web hosting, but often times you sacrifice services and support by going this route.

How much you should spend depends on what you need and how important the site is to you.

Many times, I have seen forum posts of people claiming that their site is offline and that they are loosing hundreds or thousands of dollars per day the site is down. Well, if your making decent money off your site, you should pay for decent hosting, or even have some redundancy.

TB Ann

I still have a travel website that i manage since 2009, it has tons of images on it because i take photos regularly when i travel. Each photo is about 1mb+ as i use Nikon DSLR and upload them raw but the site still loads fast. This site is n fatcow webhosting and I pay about $107 per year. I believe this is still in the shared hosting.

Adrianhenry

I still have a travel website that i manage since 2009, it has tons of images on it because i take photos regularly when i travel. Each photo is about 1mb+ as i use Nikon DSLR and upload them raw but the site still loads fast. This site is n fatcow webhosting and I pay about $107 per year. I believe this is still in the shared hosting.
$107 per year is unbelievable for a shared hosting, did you get more good features from it so that you paid for that price?

RDO Servers

$107/year is not a bad price. That come out to about $9/mo.

If you have a site full of high resolution photos, you will want a fast server, with plenty of space and bandwidth.

TB Ann

Actually, the photos i just display on the pages are somewhat like 6 to 8 images and the rest is zipped available for downloads for every blog post.

Im not sure bout the features though I don't regularly check the features as i just use their hosting for my wordpress travel blog. they uses vdeck by the way.

EitanBaider

I am paying $10 for a shared hosting that hosted small websites with low traffic.

Web hosting packages today are having good features, good price and more competitive hence consumers can have good price from web hosting services.

RDO Servers

Web hosting packages today are having good features, good price and more competitive hence consumers can have good price from web hosting services.

Web hosting is definitely a very competitive market! This has helped brings costs down, but most of that is due to the decreased costs of hardware and bandwidth.

Be careful comparing hosts based on price alone. Running a secure and reliable hosting business, and providing high quality support, costs money. Lots of money. The hosts that have the rock bottom prices, are typically not well know to be secure, reliable, or have good support!

MidnightAngel

I think the most I've ever spent on web hosting is about 10.00 a month. I currently do not have a website that I'm working on, but I have been looking around to see what is out there since there is so much. I think that if you can afford a higher price monthly, then by all means go for it, especially if it has the features and space that you might need for whatever your site is about.

jpy

The web development thing I'm into probably demands around 50 USD a month for a VPS, but I pay 79 just to be on the safe side. However, I might be paying too much. Anyway, though, you have to also factor in that it's green hosting - but I don't think green hosting is that much more.

Soulwatcher

I use Stable Host for my web hosting and I pay $9 a month for my web hosting. They are rock solid and stable and I never had any problem that they couldn't fix and I haven't had many problems period. But its nice to know that they are there if I ever need them.

Traveler

Right now I pay a price equal to around $5 USD but I have paid $10 USD before. I am currently thinking about changing web hosts so I am shopping around and there are many choices for around $5 USD per month so that seems to be a average rate.

Kania

I pay $4 per month for mine but I will be changing hosts soon when I have a chance. I will not mind if I have to pay more because the host I have now is not too good.

Marcos

I have been paying 7 Euros per month for mine but that is because I bought a plan that has more resources than a lower plan. I can get it for about 4-5 Euros if I want a lower level plan from my host.

KeralMTG

My web hosting is a little under $5 per month. I have been wanting to maybe change web hosting because mine seems rather slow compared to other people with similar blogs. Mine takes over 5 seconds to load and I want it to be less.

vinaya

I am with namecheap.The shared hosting package that I have currently subscribed cost me $78 per year. I can host upto 10 websites with this account.