How long have you been programming?

Layn

Are you a coder or a writer?

If you are a coder then how long have you been programming?

Does this field require good skills to work on it?

RDO Servers

Hey Layn,

I have been a web developer for 15+ years. Mainly using asp.net framework, several client side languages, SQL, and a little php.

It does take some skill, but it is not too difficult to learn, if you put in the time and effort!

The biggest thing is it is a never ending learning process. If you learn .net now, you can program with .net for many years to come, but you also have to stay current with the latest trends and security "best practices".

Everyone wants the best, most powerful, and flashiest website. What is current today, will not be current this time next year!

The good news is, a lot of the languages have similarities so once you learn one, it is easier to learn another!

Layn

I have been a web developer for 15+ years. Mainly using asp.net framework, several client side languages, SQL, and a little php.
wow...15 years that's so long for a web developer or web programer, why you choose asp.net while php is very popular for websites today and years ago

I have been web developer in 2 years, base on PHP language and now I can design some basic custom website system or making wordpress theme.

Programming is not difficult to learn but it needs some skills about logic and maths

RDO Servers

wow...15 years that's so long for a web developer or web programer, why you choose asp.net while php is very popular for websites today and years ago

True, php is more popular. Honestly, I don't remember why I started with asp.net. When I started, it was all HTML and picked up the others along the way.

Even though asp.net is not as popular, there is still a large demand for sites built on the Microsoft stack, and a small pool of .net developers compared to php! :Ertery:

David Ewen

I started in the 1980's as a mainframe programmer, but that may not be what you are referring to. Today, I find that a lot of coding involve connecting widgets and modules to a template based platform. It's faster and easy to replicate. An example is using WIX to create websites. This does not require Java, HTML, or C++ experience. I use that and many others when showing people how to create their own websites. What kind of coding were you referring to?

Are you a coder or a writer?

If you are a coder then how long have you been programming?

Does this field require good skills to work on it?

Last edited by a moderator: