How hard is it to program an announcement page?

Catherine1

Hey guys I have a quick question for you. I wanted to know how hard it would be to program an announcement page for a website. I am talking about a single web page and that would be the only thing on the site for now.

I am just wanting to have a 1 page website with some of my details and other information for people to get in touch with me and to be able to have some contact information like mailing address and an email address. I would also like to put a picture of myself as well.

I don't really need a whole site but just one page that I can have everything I need on it which wouldn't be much.

If somebody can give me some tips or maybe point me to a website where I can find what I need i'd really appreciate it very much. I have looked online but don't know if I am even looking at the right things.

ProfMike

Catherine,

It sounds like you just need a basic page pf HTML and CSS. If you want we can work together on it. Send me a sketch of what you are looking for and I can put together a page for you in a couple of hours. Not a problem.

It would not be that difficult based on what you stated above.

Waqass

Just download a simple template of html website and edit it using gui based web editor...for instance I used to use Dreamweaver when I wasn't good at coding. You can just simply change things and insert a photograph as you do in MS Office. Oh I even used Front Page of MS Office which did the same page. Any further help just ask or PM.
Moreover there is a new feature Web Publisher by CPanel which is control panel when you purchase web hosting. It allows you launch website within matter of second without coding.

Catherine1

Just download a simple template of html website and edit it using gui based web editor...for instance I used to use Dreamweaver when I wasn't good at coding. You can just simply change things and insert a photograph as you do in MS Office. Oh I even used Front Page of MS Office which did the same page. Any further help just ask or PM.
Moreover there is a new feature Web Publisher by CPanel which is control panel when you purchase web hosting. It allows you launch website within matter of second without coding.
Where would I download a template from? I have never done anything like this so I wouldn't even know where to look.

Waqass

For instance look at this template. Browse the website for more templates and select the one suits you. Download and edit the page you want to customize. Upload that edited page to your webhost along with CSS files. I think there is learning curve involved so I would suggest you to give a look at CPanel's Site Publisher.
If you any website that you want to imitate send the url so I can do a quick editing for you.

Dean

I would suggest you to give a look at CPanel's Site Publisher.
I have never used the Cpanel site publisher, is it any good? Is it basically like a weebly site builder?

BelCloud

Use Wordpress or the cPanel website creation tool. Another option would be Joomla, but it is a bit more complex. If I were you, I would install Wordpress and use the basic theme or another one page theme, and install a plugin to generate a contact form where people can contact you directly.

Dean

Use Wordpress or the cPanel website creation tool.
I have seen that in my cPanel but have not checked it out really. Does the cPanel website creation tool use a database or is it basically just a flat file page creator?

BelCloud

Well basically when they announced it at the CP1CON in Edinburgh last year, it was just a more fancy DreamWeaver or WYSIWYG, where they create a very basic page (not sure if it has a DB). My number 1 recommendation would be to use WordPress for any simple website.

Catherine1

Well basically when they announced it at the CP1CON in Edinburgh last year, it was just a more fancy DreamWeaver or WYSIWYG, where they create a very basic page (not sure if it has a DB). My number 1 recommendation would be to use WordPress for any simple website.
More fancy than Dreamweaver! I hope it's easier to use than Dreamweaver. I tried to use that and it was not as easy as Wordpress.