How does color affect advertising?

As all of us knew, color on websites can be the most important part and help your advertising campaigns succeed or not?. Consumers can decide press "Buy" button if its color attract them, do you think about this, how does color affect advertising?

nesito29

Just like Luca said, color psychology can do wonders with your marketing campaigns. In some cases you can dramatically increase your conversions by just changing the color of a button or the headline.

The best colors for action taking buttons are as follows: Yellow, orange, gold, blue and green (people are naturally attracted to colors like gold or similar to). This may change depending on the niche and what you are advertising but, it usually is like that.

I recommend you run a quick google search for the best action taking colors in advertising and the importance of PICTURES (pictures are known to get awesome increases in conversions, run the search to know why, just don't over do it and place more than one image).

Hope this information helps you increase your conversions in your marketing campaigns.

To your success,
Jonathan N

Cynical

Certain people go for certain colors. But, stay away from making websites with random/flashy colors. It's ugly, and it drives people away quickly.

Dean

I personally always try to think about the colors that I use when setting up a squeeze page, landing page, advertisement, offer or anything else that I use for advertising.

I always try to make most of the colors on things uniform and belong together with the exception of call to action buttons or other other things that I want to draw attention to. With those I make them a color that stands out and draws attention.

Colors can be very influential and the major advertising companies do a lot of research on them so us smaller guys should do the same.

Cheers, Dean.

ulterios

Colors can have some very different affects on people so their use should have some thought put to it. Depending on what exactly you are advertising, your colors should look like they belong with whatever that is.

Things that you want to draw attention to and draw people to look at should be in contrast to the other colors that you are using for your advertisement, promotion, web page, etc..

Testing with different colors for whatever you are using them on is a good idea and you will most likely see that certain colors and color schemes will perform better than others.

david smith

As human eye can perceive different colour and every colour has an impact on the human mind thus Colours can affect adverting. Colours can change moods and attitudes, get the attention of the consumer; enhance the characteristics of the product, etc.

alexanderzx360

Besides color psychology, there's an important thing that people hasn't mentioned, for example if you're working in a website that involves money, the color green is mandatory to get people's attention, other colors won't work in favor of your interests. Also in consideration, not combining colors right could make your webpage look unorganized and will lose people's interest.

dallymdj

As a consumer, I totally dig beautiful creative advertisement and this includes the color quality. I will definitely believe and be attracted to a presentation which is wonderfully pleasing to the eye. This will totally capture me and in a way I will be interested in trying or buying such product. This is only my insight as a consumer. Although, every consumer has different likes and wants. It will really depend to the content you are also selling. In someway, it will be best to consult an expert with ad content as they truly know what color can really attract the mass or maybe you can try testing your ad through various people and see their reaction. They will definitely suggest their own point of view and it includes variety of color. I hope my opinion can help you to decide.