How do you rate GoDaddy against Name.com?

wiredtolive

Greetings,

Could you make a comparison between Godaddy and Name.com?
which one will you choose and why?

Thanks.

robertdn

For my personal purpose, we make use of both GoDaddy and Name.com.

For example, we register .in; .im; .name domains etc with Name.com and all the other TLDs with GoDaddy.

Dean

Greetings,

Could you make a comparison between Godaddy and Name.com?
which one will you choose and why?

Thanks.
Based on my experiences with both of these companies I would have to say it's about even as far as which one is best but I am more used to the Godaddy control panel in the account area so I usually go with Godaddy.

One of the big problems with Godaddy is the fact that they have higher renewal prices than many other registrars. It doesn't really matter if you only have a couple domains but if you have many like I do then that extra cost you are paying really ads up.

Another big issue with Godaddy is that every time you call them for any kind of support they are always trying hard to push their other services and it does get old fast.

If I was basing my decision on support then I would choose Name.com because their support is better IMO.

Choosing which one of these to use would just come down to preference.

Cheers, Dean.

Traveler

Godaddy is always trying to upsell the heck out of you with everything you buy. Every time it's just crazy. Name.com doesn't keep pestering you about upsells.

ulterios

Although I have used both of these registrars and would compare them to be about equal I would probably choose GoDaddy from these two.

They are both good and are good for many different reasons but I tend to like the GoDaddy control panel better.

It would be nice if GoDaddy had better pricing on their domain renewals though. ;)