How did you learn Programming?

marketmongoose

Hi everyone,
I am interested in computer programming but every time I typed keyword "how to learn programming" on to the Google Search Bar, the results are not so impressive.
Could someone here please tell me how to go about learning programming?
Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

robertdn

You will require putting in a lot of hard work, time and money in order to learn programming sufficiently to really do anything that matters.

A good place to start is right here on The InternetMarketingStar where you will get e-books, questions and answers on the forum and some really good advice on the practical side of things.

Do not expect it to be easy but remember practice is supreme.

RDO Servers

What programing do you want to do?
What languages do you want to learn.

You must first answer these 2 questions as the rest of the process depends on knowing these.

nesito29

Go to Udemy, the have a free ecourse for beginners, is quite good. They teach mainly Java but you can find pretty much anything there.

Luca

I don't know which programming language you want to learn, but no matter what the language is, I find YouTube to actually be the best place to find programming lessons from scratch.

Watching a video while listening to a tutor just feels more natural than reading a page of text and images.

nesito29

I don't know which programming language you want to learn, but no matter what the language is, I find YouTube to actually be the best place to find programming lessons from scratch.

Watching a video while listening to a tutor just feels more natural than reading a page of text and images.

Watching someone else do it first will help you learn faster, which is why I suggested Udemy, there are courses fro beginners where the teach from installing the software to very advanced stuff. I tried YouTube once but couldn't find a few things and would jump from video to video trying to learn what was next. It was a nightmare haha.

Cynical

Learned most of my CSS and HTML from classes. C++ a little from classes, mostly on my own time.

John11

If you are interested in programming then you need to learn a programming language from PHP, .NET, JAVA or PYTHON. You can select any language that you are interested in, but for learning web development you need to learn both HTML and CSS. Without HTML and CSS, you cannot develop the design of the application. You can check Udemy, Lynda and w3school for learning application development.

bjdea1

I would recommend getting a good book on the language you want to learn. For example I learnt a lot from the "Dummies" series. The best way to learn to code is to do a course in Computer Programming. There is stuff in courses that you just won't get from simple book reading. Good luck.