Help with getting my forum seen?

MidnightAngel

I've been wandering around here, checking things out obviously, and got to thinking: Why not ask all of you to take a looksie at my Writing forum, and see if you have any ideas on how to use SEO to drive traffic my way. I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but if not, let me know. Any ideas and directions you all have would be awesome. I built the forum a few years back, and never thought of SEO for it, so now I'm thinking why not give it a try?
Here's the site address:
z4.invisionfree.com/Scrolls_and_More/index.php?

ims

Looking for Stars...
Staff member
It has nothing wrong on your forum but problem you didn't know how to do marketing or SEO for it to increase traffic.

A little about web design, you need to improve on your forum theme to make it more impressive for visitors at the first visiting.

Top header is too large and I don't see the logo obviously on the top, colors cover whole website which very difficult to read your text. It is a thing need to improved.

An important point, that's you are using a free forum builder service to create your forum? invisionfree?

If you want to be successful with a forum, first things you need to buy a domain that relate to your brand and starting from it. Other than that I can show you tons of problems you need to improve on your forum :D

Hostlumina

It has nothing wrong on your forum but problem you didn't know how to do marketing or SEO for it to increase traffic.

A little about web design, you need to improve on your forum theme to make it more impressive for visitors at the first visiting.

Top header is too large and I don't see the logo obviously on the top, colors cover whole website which very difficult to read your text. It is a thing need to improved.

An important point, that's you are using a free forum builder service to create your forum? invisionfree?

If you want to be successful with a forum, first things you need to buy a domain that relate to your brand and starting from it. Other than that I can show you tons of problems you need to improve on your forum :D

Fully agree with IMS.

There is area of opportunity with SEO and the design such as color, some text hard to read, ad placement, etc...

Having a domain to build your brand is key. It will also help visitors remember you and not a long sub-domain that can be easily forgettable.

Some of the SEO basics you need to get yourself familiar with
- Learn how search engines work
- How do people use/interact with search engines
- Key word search
- how the experience and content help
- search engine tools/services (i.e. Google webmaster tools)

Andrei

No offence, but oh dear God, my eyes literally hurt from that blue color :Crybye:

MidnightAngel

Really, the color is bad? Sorry about your eyes there Andrei.:oops: My friend makes the skins, with CSS, I can ask her to make one toned down, she's really good at making them. No, when I started it I didn't know much about SEO, I still don't know much, but I at least know what it is now. And yes, it's a free forum IMS. During the long weekend, I think I'll go into the control panel and see what new I can learn in there, which will help me with the SEO. Thank you for your opinions, they are very helpful. Keep em coming. :Alego:

Really, the color is bad? Sorry about your eyes there Andrei.:oops: My friend makes the skins, with CSS, I can ask her to make one toned down, she's really good at making them. No, when I started it I didn't know much about SEO, I still don't know much, but I at least know what it is now. And yes, it's a free forum IMS. During the long weekend, I think I'll go into the control panel and see what new I can learn in there, which will help me with the SEO. Thank you for your opinions, they are very helpful. Keep em coming. :Alego:
If you are going to do SEO for a free forum, according to me, it is impossible unless you have a domain for your forum or you will SEO for your forum provider.

Andrei

Look at this forum, and any other forum, theme needs to be very clean and easy to see/read.

MidnightAngel

I asked my friend to make me a new skin, something with toned down colors, not so eyeball piercing..Still sorry about that Andrei :) I opted to go with warm summer colors, I hope that it helps the over all feel of the forum. Once it's up and installed, I will let you guys know and see if you think it 'feels' better. Again, thanks for the tips, I may come back and get some pointers when it's ready. I don't think I'm going anywhere anytime soon. :Agx:

MidnightAngel

I have, but it was along time ago. I might take you up on the offer after I get this one fixed up first. I'd like to see what else I can do with it.