Google Adwords vs Facebook Ads

Elkins

As my experience, with Google adwords I realized that the cost of keywords to be very expensive even for very niche words, mostly $1.00 and above, I got clicks but no more people went onto purchase. You can spend around $3000 monthly if you want to promote your products.

Facebook, offering low price but excellent targeting options, being able to set a daily budget where the ad stops running when this is reached is your goals, also being able to set a start and end date is great.

In summary
Facebook is the way to go for paid advertising and Google ad is just when you have a good fund then effective.

So, what is your thought when choosing between Google Adwords and Facebook Ads, which is effective for you?

elcidofaguy

Hiya Elkins,

In my opinion there is a big difference between Adwords (excl. ads on partner networks) and FB... The difference relates to people actively looking for something via Google search vs. placing ads in front of people and hoping for the best....

Another difference are TOC's in particular Adwords has some very strong rules e.g. Information harvesting policy prevents you from placing your optin landing pages as ads as well as the bridge policy which prevents you putting your affiliate websites as ads as G see's that as a bridge site whereby you have to click on a link to reach the vendor site where you take the action to make a purchase....

Given these factors Adwords is great for direct sales.... But you need to be careful on your keywords as well as implementing best efforts to increase your Adrank score so that your ad is highly relevant which in turn reduces your bidding cost... Adwords is a monster to learn.. As a handy tip create lots of targeted campaigns with different landing pages whereby both the ad and landing page is hightly relevant to your keywords... In addition use tracking and when running your campaigns remove the poorly performing ads in order to increase your ROI and most importantly to avoid making a loss... Its not easy to do when first starting out on Adwords... In fact I recommend that you take time and effort to learn Adwords before jumping in....

With FB I have found that direct sales perform terribly... That is because most people on FB are there to socialize and catch up with their buddies... You need to be careful not to annoy people and one way to really do that is with direct sale ads.... The best thing you can do on FB is to use it to build your list... Offer a free bonus incentive and get folks to signup to your list... and overtime with email marketing you can achieve an ROI through well planned email marketing...

As you can see both have advantages and disadvantages... In my opinion if you are looking to make cash quickly then Adwords is the way to go due to the fact people are actively looking for something e.g. someone types in dog training videos and you present an ad for dog training videos and its clear you have a good chance to make a sale... One great tip I offer is to be clear on your pricing so that you avoid curiosity clicks which can kill your campaign e.g. in the case of dog training videos tell them the price i.e. "Grab these detailed dog training videos for $49 ...click here..."... The aim with adwords is to avoid unnecessary clicks so be upfront, persist with learning it and you'll be in a position to profit from it....

I very much hope my comments help! Wishing you the best of luck,

Sid

Last edited:

Maria Marketing

I have been looking at both of these advertising options as well for a new blog I am going to be creating. Facebook advertising makes it seem like it's a good choice and lees expensive than Adwords. I knew that Adwords can get expensive but I did not know that Facebook was more for growing a mailing list, I thought it would work for sales also. I am not really trying to be cheap, I am just wanting to grow my blog whilst at the same time gain a few sales as well.

I need to make sure to take this into consideration when I am ready to buy advertising.

Good information, thanks Sid. :)

ulterios

Facebook advertising is generally better to gain likes for your Facebook page than it is for generating sales from using it. You can also sometimes gain subscribers to your mailing list, but it doesn't always work well.

AdWords usually works better for sales but it does cost more usually.

What it comes down to is deciding what you want from your advertising. If you want sales then use Google AdWords, if you want like and possible subscribers to your mailing list then use Facebook advertising.

Maria Marketing

Facebook advertising is generally better to gain likes for your Facebook page than it is for generating sales from using it. You can also sometimes gain subscribers to your mailing list, but it doesn't always work well.

AdWords usually works better for sales but it does cost more usually.

What it comes down to is deciding what you want from your advertising. If you want sales then use Google AdWords, if you want like and possible subscribers to your mailing list then use Facebook advertising.
I guess if you got a lot of likes for your facebook page then it might be worth it if it wasn't too expensive. Sometimes having many likes on your facebook page can make it seem like that page and what it's connected to are popular and good whilst if you didn't have many likes then people might view things in a way that isn't so flattering.

Dean

Yes Facebook ads is cheaper than Adwords but usually Adwords has a much higher conversion rate. Facebook ads tend to be better for likes than for conversions.

Facebook ads can help get your page more visible and seen a lot more than without the Facebook ads but if you are looking for conversions then you might get disappointed.

Cheers, Dean.

JennyJ

Yes Facebook ads is cheaper than Adwords but usually Adwords has a much higher conversion rate. Facebook ads tend to be better for likes than for conversions.

Facebook ads can help get your page more visible and seen a lot more than without the Facebook ads but if you are looking for conversions then you might get disappointed.

Cheers, Dean.
If Facebook ads get mostly like then does that help your Facebook page to be more popular and start to get more traffic to your website as a result?