Five mistakes that you need to avoid in Social Media Marketing

David1989

If you feel that you are not successful in social media marketing what can you do?Take a look at what you did and how.Maybe you made some mistakes that you can avoid later.I will post some mistakes that people usually make when it comes to social media marketing.

- Lack of good planning -

Did you plan on campaigning on your social media?To be successful at it you need to combine that with other marketing strategies.One thing that you need to know is that social media marketing is one of the best, if not the best, way of marketing.
Make your plans for marketing and make use of social media in your advantage.You need to combine social media and you email and ask people to give you reviews and responses.This will help you make a relationship with people and promote your business or else.And always update events on your social media so that people can know about your events easily.

- Do not be impatient -

For you to be successful on social media and to grow will take time.By growing I mean getting likes and followers.Some people try to buy followers but in reality that does not work how it is supposed to.Do not try to take shortcuts because you need to do this on your own and then you are original and important.So it goes like this: The more you get involved with the people and basically with everything combined to it will mean more followers.

- Fail to engage -

Maybe you think that only creating a profile on social media will make you successful.That will not make it happen.What you need to do is to interact with people and to encourage customers to talk to you freely.
Sometimes talking with people about discounts will help you get traffic.What is important too is to make your content original and specified to you and your business.But always remember that without engaging with your customers you will not succeed.Try to understand what people expect and looking for, because if you don't that would really bad for you and your social media status.

- Do not even try hashtag dumping -

You probably already know what is hashtag but for those that do not know that is the sign ‘#’ .This can sometimes be useful but if you are trying to write longer sentence it can look really ugly...
Try to make you use of hashtag to be original and different from what other people use and always promote yourself.Basically the best thing is to keep it useful and short.

- Wordiness matters -

Making your messages attractive to people is easier said than done.So try to post images with your messages to make them look nicer and original.Make them short and important about what ever is your need either for your business or promoting yourself.Everybody knows that messages with images get more likes and that means more customers.On Instagram you get 140 characters for your message, do not always make your messages long but always try to post it with a good image that is interesting and is connected to your message.On Pinterest most important thing are images because everything evolves around them, and that is the way to get more repins which means more customers.

So if you made any of this mistakes try resolving them with proper use of social media marketing so that you can use it in your advantage.Hope this helpes.

These are mistakes I know, if someone have any more to add and solutions for them feel free to do so.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dean

Out of all of these tips I like the second one the best, the "Do not be impatient" point. So many people give up after a short period of time without giving the needed effort to be successful in the social media platforms.

Buying followers is not the way to go because they are usually 100% fake bot followers and you will gain nothing good from them except for an inflated follower number. That can even hurt you because if real people look at your followers and see a vast amount of fake followers then they might decide not to follow you because of that.

Give things time and dedicate yourself and you'll gain success.

mariaaajessica

Do not be impatient is the most common thing that a business minded should have. Success doesn't come easily, therefore, a lot of patience is needed. I love your insight and I did learned from it. Good job

Link2write

If You Promoting or Marketing for your product then you should Follow these.
1. Attractable titles on you post
2. Describe your product in short but you have to put full details of you product on it
3. leave a link of you website if any,
4. Keep Active on your post as much as possible.
5. Put a images on your post for attract people.

saicy

This is a very helpful post. I agree that by promoting your product, you really need to plan ahead. You really need to make your post appealing that will attract the people's eyes on your promotions. Patience is also important. But for me the most important thing is the communication on the people that you attract on your promotion. By communicating with them, your were also building trust on to them. If you gain a customers trust they might as well do the promotions to their socials and give a good feedback that you will later needed.

Thank you for sharing your idea about how to avoid mistakes on social media. I have learn new things on it too. :)