Does SEO Work For Landing Pages?

Luca

As long as you know what you're doing in term of SEO, they should work just fine.

Also, if you're planning to monetize on your blog, I suggest doing it as soon as you can, so your audience know what to expect from the start (that you're monetizing the blog) instead of suddenly putting ads and product offers some time later.

or I should focus on PPC instead of SEO, which better for a landing page?

PPC and SEO is a whole different thing. PPC is pay-per-click ad where you got paid by the advertisers for every click the ad got, and SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. You can literally put PPC ads on your blog and leave it there, and then focus on your SEO.

Nytshade

Does SEO Work For Landing Pages?

A "landing page" can be any page on your site, even a blog post can be a landing page. But if you mean squeeze pages, then the short answer is no simply because a squeeze/optin page is designed to capture a lead. For sales pages it depends on the keywords that are targeted and the competition.

I have 1 sales page that is getting search engine traffic in the audio engineering niche, but it was a fluke. The page is not even search engine optimized, it's just a text sales letter with images. There's not a lot of content online about the subject so it was easy to rank for, even with a sales page.

So it depends, a landing page can get search engine traffic but in most cases it won't. Some smart bloggers have come up with ways to use the homepage as a squeeze page integrated with a blog. Others will have an optin form at the top (above the fold) with an optin form then the blog posts below the optin form (this should be done in the homepage only not on individual blog post though).

It's not likely for a landing page to get search traffic, but it's possible.

It's better to build a blog from sccratch and increasing traffic for it then finding way to offer products on the blog? or I should focus on PPC instead of SEO, which better for a landing page?

Why not do both? There's nothing wrong with doing both, like I mentioned above, you can use your homepage as a squeeze page to capture leads and have a blog at the same time. You can build traffic for the blog using other marketing strategies like SEO, then use PPC to send traffic to your landing page.

Do SEO for your blog then use PPC for your landing pages.