Do you have to pay to earn?

Moneyman

This is not the first time I've heard about this. This is present on most freelancing websites like Freelancer, Guru, Upwork, etc. Never trust these people if they need an initial amount of money to start working, because once you send them the money, it will be the last time you will hear from them.

Most of these people do not have any reputation on there, and some might even have a kind of reputation, but you should never be trusting them no matter what they say, if you are "supposed to pay them first".

Lee Ann Hargrave

I have been freelancing for a couple of months now and I have notice that some of the clients that are contacting me are asking for money before I can start with work.
They would often say in their messages that the money that I (freelancer) would pay would be use for admin. fee, training fee, software fee etc. and that I should not worry because I would earn more than what I paid.

Anyways, are these type of jobs legit or are this scams that all freelancers should stay away from?

Never pay to get work. If you have to pay them to be employed, then it must be a scam. I've been a freelancer for a while now and I work for several companies posting, writing, etc. No one has ever asked me to pay. Some of the fees you see like the ones on Freelancer.com are for being a client, not a freelancer. Just be sure to read all the fine print and you should be fine.

BatmanWayne

I know some people that pay for advertising, but I don't know anyone that pay for work, I think that this is a really bad scam and you should look for some more sites to give your services.