Do affiliate sales go down in the summer?

JennyJ

I saw on a few blogs that people say that sales of affiliate products or services will go down during the summer time.

This is my first summer in internet marketing so I don't know if this is true or not so I was hoping to get some opinions from people who have done affiliate marketing long enough to know if summers will have less affiliate sales and conversions.

Since this is my first summer doing affiliate marketing I was wanting to know what to expect.

Dean

I think that it might depend on the type of offers that you are marketing and the niche you are in as to if things might slow down in the summer time.

I'm sure there are some things that would sell or convert better or worse in the summer time but I have not really experienced much of this to say for certain that affiliate sales go down for all things.

Catherine1

If you are trying to get people to buy something that is a winter item or something else that there is no use for in the summer then they might go down but for most things that are used and bought that are not seasonal I don't think it should make a difference.

I really don't have enough time to know for sure so take my answer for what that is worth.

JennyJ

I think that it might depend on the type of offers that you are marketing and the niche you are in as to if things might slow down in the summer time.

I'm sure there are some things that would sell or convert better or worse in the summer time but I have not really experienced much of this to say for certain that affiliate sales go down for all things.
Most of the things that I am promoting are in the fashion niche. I just have not promoted anything in the summertime till now so I didn't know if that was something I should look at or not.

JennyJ

If you are trying to get people to buy something that is a winter item or something else that there is no use for in the summer then they might go down but for most things that are used and bought that are not seasonal I don't think it should make a difference.

I really don't have enough time to know for sure so take my answer for what that is worth.
I am promoting fashion related products so I really don't think there is something that is a winter type of item. This is my first summer doing internet marketing so I didn't know what to expect.

Kania

I didn't see that one. I will go and look through it.
I do that myself on times then later find a similar topic already going. It is ok though because yours is a little different and maybe we can both find good information to help us. :D

Traveler

If you are trying to get people to buy winter products then they will go down I think but if not then they should stay the same mostly.

ulterios

I've not seen much of a change or difference in my affiliate sales in the summer time but I think that ay have something to do with what I am promoting.

I am sure there are some things that see better sales in the colder seasons versus summer though. I think it will depend on exactly what kind of affiliate things you are promoting for whether or not you will see your sales go down in the summer.

vishwa

I haven't face this type of issue. I am doing affiliate marketing from past 1 years with my blog and there is no drop in affiliate earnings in summer. Whilst many advertisers give huge summer discounts which will help me to increase my conversions. I suggest you to try it yourself and realize the things. Hope you are able to generate good sales. Wish you good luck.

Kania

If you are trying to get people to buy winter products then they will go down I think but if not then they should stay the same mostly.
No they would not be winter products. I just thought other products might do that too.

I've not seen much of a change or difference in my affiliate sales in the summer time but I think that may have something to do with what I am promoting.

I am sure there are some things that see better sales in the colder seasons versus summer though. I think it will depend on exactly what kind of affiliate things you are promoting for whether or not you will see your sales go down in the summer.
I think I was just getting worried for no reason. I think mine will be fine.

I haven't face this type of issue. I am doing affiliate marketing from past 1 years with my blog and there is no drop in affiliate earnings in summer. Whilst many advertisers give huge summer discounts which will help me to increase my conversions. I suggest you to try it yourself and realize the things. Hope you are able to generate good sales. Wish you good luck.
Since they are giving the huge summer discounts do you think they are doing that because the sales would go down if they did not offer them?

vishwa

Since they are giving the huge summer discounts do you think they are doing that because the sales would go down if they did not offer them?
No I don't think so, Many top companies are giving huge discounts in summer and winter as well. It is not related to that their sales are going down. It is form of advertising to attract new customers.

Kania

No I don't think so, Many top companies are giving huge discounts in summer and winter as well. It is not related to that their sales are going down. It is form of advertising to attract new customers.
I thought it was to get better sales and did not know that. Thanks mate. :D

JohnQ

If you are trying to sell skis, snowboards or other winter things then they will go down for sure. If you are going for regular things that people need or use year round then I don't think they will go down.

Ben

I have heard of some people having this problem some years back when I was on another site (now closed) so I know it does happen for some but like some others here have said, it might be what you are marketing and not just the time of year itself.