Should we market different things in different seasons?

Kania

I was reading something about marketing different things in the different seasons of the year and that can help get more sales but I did not find enough information on other places to know if this is just something that 1 person thinks or if it is a good idea that many people think.

Do you think it is good to market different things for the different seasons or times of the year or just stick with the same things all year?

Thank you :D

Maria Marketing

I have never read anything about changing what you market by the season it is but maybe in something like travel then maybe some things work better in different times of the year.

Kania

I have never read anything about changing what you market by the season it is but maybe in something like travel then maybe some things work better in different times of the year.
When I was reading it was saying that some seasons when people are on holiday or they do not spend as much time inside their homes then some products sell better then and some worse. There was not much information on that though.

It will not be travel products because I do not market those yet. I do not know if there are other things like those that are seasonal.

Traveler

Maybe for some things it matters like with sports or travel niches but I don't think it will matter for all niches. Maybe you can try to find the popular selling things in your niche and see if they are consistent with sales.

ulterios

It depends on the niche you are in and what you are marketing for the most part. Some things produce better results in different seasons than others depending on exactly what you are trying to promote.

Some niches have products that sell a lot better during certain seasons like gift cards for example that sell really well around the Christmas season since people buy a lot of them as gifts these days because it's just easier than buying something that the recipient of the gift might not want.

Some things sell consistently year round so there is no answer that applies to everything.

Dean

I think that you can market different things in different seasons for some niches but there are some that I doubt it will make any difference in.

If you are in a niche that gift seasons and holidays play a role then it might work out. Other than that I think that there are only a couple of niches that this will make much difference in.

Maria Marketing

When I was reading it was saying that some seasons when people are on holiday or they do not spend as much time inside their homes then some products sell better then and some worse. There was not much information on that though.

It will not be travel products because I do not market those yet. I do not know if there are other things like those that are seasonal.
I had not thought about that but maybe it is like that for some things. I would not know how to tell which things are like that though.

Kania

I had not thought about that but maybe it is like that for some things. I would not know how to tell which things are like that though.
I don't know too and that is why I was asking here partly. I also can not find any information about this.

Storm

I would not think about marketing different things in the different seasons unless the sales for the things you are marketing are going down. I would not look at the season for most things but just try to focus on what is selling and what isn't selling.

Kania

I would not think about marketing different things in the different seasons unless the sales for the things you are marketing are going down. I would not look at the season for most things but just try to focus on what is selling and what isn't selling.
I was asking this partly because some times people buy different things in the hoiliday times and in the summer too. It probably does not matter much now that I have seen the replies.

Storm

I was asking this partly because some times people buy different things in the hoiliday times and in the summer too. It probably does not matter much now that I have seen the replies.
If you were in the weddings or gifts niches then it might make a big difference but most others will probably not matter.

Domingotarlejr

Yes you can still do marketing in different season as long as your product is versatile and still in high demand even though it is not on its season.