Blog/Store vs Store/Blog, which is better?

viteko

I want to setup a blog and a store on a site but I don't know which is better for my visitors and cusomters that they will feel convenient when browsing my site.

for example:
1) Blog/Store: setting up a blog on mydomain.com and a store on mydomain.com/store
2) Store/Blog: setting up a store on mydomain.com and a blog on mydomain.com/blog

which is better, please share honest answers.

elcidofaguy

I would say Store/Blog... That way you dont mess up your internal linking structure, especially that on your home page... This is critical from a SEO perspective...

If you choose to have a blog as the home page then as you keep adding more posts the content changes, older posts get moved down and eventually archived and as such your rankings can fluctuate given every time Google comes along to crawl your site the home page has changed as well as the linking structure...

With keeping the home page static you ensure that at domain level your rankings are stable as well as the fact the home page should aim to provide an overview of what your website is about and further it should be the primary point of entry whereby they can find/navigate to other areas of your website...

Hope that helps!