Are paid reviews good?

JennyJ

Sure because it is another way to make money. You just have to give honest reviews so your readers will trust you and respect your opinions. You can become a well trusted authority in your niche.
All of my reviews would be honest reviews. I would not want to lie just to make money. I would rather gain the respect and trust of the people that read the reviews.

Ellen F

Doing paid reviews for some things can be very lucrative and make a nice income. One of the neighbors where I used to live used to do paid reviews for baby and toddler products and made a nice income from them. She was given sample products and received a good fee for her reviews that were placed on her blog as well as some excerpts from the websites of the product providers.

She started out small and then was doing paid reviews for the larger baby product makers and even does some consulting with them on some products.

I don't know how it would work in your field but I think it would be similar but with other opportunities.

JennyJ

Doing paid reviews for some things can be very lucrative and make a nice income. One of the neighbors where I used to live used to do paid reviews for baby and toddler products and made a nice income from them. She was given sample products and received a good fee for her reviews that were placed on her blog as well as some excerpts from the websites of the product providers.

She started out small and then was doing paid reviews for the larger baby product makers and even does some consulting with them on some products.

I don't know how it would work in your field but I think it would be similar but with other opportunities.
I found out a little while after posting this question that someone I know is doing paid reviews for cell phones and he makes a lot of money from it. His reviews are often posted on some of the top phone and tech websites and forums.

He gave me some pointers and tips recently on some things I should do and what to watch out for. Soon I am planning on possibly reaching out to some companies and seeing if they would be interested in having product reviews done.

sam.hunt0710

If you are having a Elite Account over Yelp , You can easily earn 50$-100$ per review.

Lots of Websites were people purchase reviews for their services , products etc .

Amazon , Yelp , Houzz , BBB , Fixr , Google+ Business Page , Facebook Business Page and the list goes on ...

It complete business deal between buyer & seller , they pay reviewers to post 5 star reviews over there product profiles .

JennyJ

If you are having a Elite Account over Yelp , You can easily earn 50$-100$ per review.

Lots of Websites were people purchase reviews for their services , products etc .

Amazon , Yelp , Houzz , BBB , Fixr , Google+ Business Page , Facebook Business Page and the list goes on ...

It complete business deal between buyer & seller , they pay reviewers to post 5 star reviews over there product profiles .
I didn't know that about Yelp. I always thought the reviews were free and just by average people who used a company or business. I'll take a look into this. Thanks

Ellen F

I found out a little while after posting this question that someone I know is doing paid reviews for cell phones and he makes a lot of money from it. His reviews are often posted on some of the top phone and tech websites and forums.

He gave me some pointers and tips recently on some things I should do and what to watch out for. Soon I am planning on possibly reaching out to some companies and seeing if they would be interested in having product reviews done.
That's real nice having a friend in that field. Perhaps you can get some information on the "Do's" and "Don't Do's" from your friend and it will make it easier for you to make a good income from this.

JennyJ

That's real nice having a friend in that field. Perhaps you can get some information on the "Do's" and "Don't Do's" from your friend and it will make it easier for you to make a good income from this.
I have already gotten some of those and some other good tips that I will be using. Having friends that will share what they know always helps out. :D

Ellen F

I have already gotten some of those and some other good tips that I will be using. Having friends that will share what they know always helps out. :D
That's good. You could also write an ebook about things you learn from a beginners point of view and sell the ebook. It might make some extra money for you.

Ben

If you're getting paid to do reviews then I would do it. Just keep in mind that if someone is paying you to review something they are probably expecting a little bit of favoritism in their favor.

JohnQ

If someone is going to pay you to do a review of something then they are not going to want a bad review so in some cases you would have to bend your standards to give them a favorable review even if they didn't quite deserve it.

I would make sure to get some kind of partial payment up front and the rest upon completion because if you give them a review they don't like then they might not pay you.

Be careful!

sam.hunt0710

If someone is going to pay you to do a review of something then they are not going to want a bad review so in some cases you would have to bend your standards to give them a favorable review even if they didn't quite deserve it.

I would make sure to get some kind of partial payment up front and the rest upon completion because if you give them a review they don't like then they might not pay you.

Be careful!

In that case you can simply make the review opposite .

Postitive ---> Negative
Negative ---> Positive ( If they are running negative campaign for their competitors . )

JohnQ

In that case you can simply make the review opposite .

Postitive ---> Negative
Negative ---> Positive ( If they are running negative campaign for their competitors . )
I completely forgot about that. Some of these might want a negative review of their competition. This was a big practice when I was doing some online work years ago so it's probably still done and maybe more.

Good thinking! :Clap 1:

Maria Marketing

Someone sent me an email recently about doing a paid review of their product (cooking related) but I was not sure if it was legitimate or not so I have not replied yet.

I was worried that I might do the review and never get paid for doing it.

Domingotarlejr

Well you have to try first their product before you do a review for them. And you should be honest on doing a review and if there a problem with their product just say so, it will help them to improve their product. Remember you are paid to make a review not to make lies

sam.hunt0710

Well you have to try first their product before you do a review for them. And you should be honest on doing a review and if there a problem with their product just say so, it will help them to improve their product. Remember you are paid to make a review not to make lies

When we are paid to post a review , most of the time I didn't know anything about that product or place .

1. Client Send us product link .
2. Client Send us Detailed Review for the product.
3. Client pay us .
4. We post the review accordingly .
5. End of the deal.

fishmonk

Paid reviews are excellent to help a new business. I find that most consumers or clients do take the time to read reviews before committing to an online transaction. It does not matter whether the item in question is products or services.

Reviews need to be precise and helpful to convince new buyers. It has to be some sort of the feedback regarding purchase transaction , delivery of product and service , and the actual product or service quality.

Post-purchase service is increasingly popular as potential buyers or clients are worried that they will be abandoned after getting a product or service.

augusta

this question has both positive and negative answers.positive because it will make the public sees the company or brand in a good light and this leads to more sales.

but on the other hand,you might be killing your business when all the paid reviews is positive but the real consumers are not given the opportunity to correct the problem associated with the brand,product or services

Tania997

There's a lot of money to make in writing paid reviews. A lot of people ignore this concept and trust reviews blindly, especially on amazon. I remember reading on the internet about a girl who earned a lot by writing fake positive reviews for amazon. Of course, like everyone else said, if you're getting paid to write reviews for someone, they won't be expecting you to say bad things about them or their products.

A paid review is like an affiliate marketing post, where you write about a product and people check it out because of your review. If you read about this on the internet, they say you should get a sample of the product you're reviewing so you can be honest, but if you're getting paid a lot I'd avoid being honest.

Vini

As a blogger you should review honestly . If you think the product is not so good then avoid doing a review. Most of the time products always have some good advantages. But you can mention some disadvantages if necessary .