Are nofollow links still useful for keyword ranking?

elasticcat

As ttile mentioned, I would ask about nofollow backlinks.

It still have a bit more valuable for SEO or keyword ranking?

Your advice?

Nytshade

Don't waste your time creating nofollow links, they have zero benefit for your keyword ranking. When you create a link with a dofollow tag then it passes link juice to your site/blog. If you use a nofollow tag then that means no link juice will be passed, the link juice just goes into a black-hole (it vanishes).

So nofollow links don't have a benefit except maybe for traffic or something else but not for ranking.

robertdn

Don't waste your time creating nofollow links, they have zero benefit for your keyword ranking. When you create a link with a dofollow tag then it passes link juice to your site/blog. If you use a nofollow tag then that means no link juice will be passed, the link juice just goes into a black-hole (it vanishes).

So nofollow links don't have a benefit except maybe for traffic or something else but not for ranking.
I agree with this but nofollow is still useful to drive traffic to your site if you put them on high traffic site.

If you use a nofollow tag then that means no link juice will be passed, the link juice just goes into a black-hole (it vanishes).

Yes, sure...! What I know about nofollow link attribute is referral traffic, but it didn't benefit anything related to SEO according to Webmaster.

However, I didn't think that it is useless. Could you think about nofollow link from high authority such as Wikipedia? If you could get link from that website, search engines will recognize that it is a value link.

I'm proof, the nofollow is still benefit, if you got from high authority websites.

Mark007

No follow links can be built to drive traffic to a considerable amount. High authority blogs allow 'no follow' backlinks from blog comments which help to drive good traffic to your website. So these links might not help build backlinks and not support in keyword rankings, but they are helpful to drive traffic to your website.

PTTed

Google has specifically stated publicly that nofollow links do not pass PageRank and they disregard the anchor text for the link.

That means specifically that it will not increase the PageRank of the page it links out to. And it will not influence the relevancy of that page through the anchor text.

Google might use high trust nofollow links in other algorithms besides PageRank. If they are using them, they are not telling us that they are using them. It is possible that there is some element of trust that is being passed on a page level or domain level. It is possible that they are used in some other way that could be valuable. But, Google is not telling us if they are and there is relatively little evidence that they are.

In my experience nofollow links are generally worthless for SEO purposes. I have tested them personally from low trust sites and high trust sites with the end result being the same. The links were worthless specifically from an SEO standpoint.

If I can get a wikipedia link to my site because the site content is awesome and serves as a great resource, I would certainly want it regardless of any SEO benefit or lack thereof. But unless the link is going to generate traffic or unless the link is going to give someone a favorable impression of my site (like the wikipedia example) then I wouldn't bother with it at all.