Are Link Building Strategies still working?

dezfutak

Hi everyone,

In your opinion, do you think submitting articles on linking directories helps market your website?

Does getting links from various web directories help your website’s ranking?

Would link building and back links get my website good search engine ranking?

what are your thought?

nesito29

Hi everyone,

In your opinion, do you think submitting articles on linking directories helps market your website?

what are your thought?

Well yes of course, it works. Submitting your website to site directories will help you improve your domain's authority, just make sure to submit them to places like DMOZ and Yahoo Directories where you get follow back links. Increasing your domains authority will help you rank faster, let's say that your current authority is 50 which is quite nice, then you create a new page (that page's authority will be 0) and you have to start internal-linking your site, a clear example of this is wikipedia, if you go over there, no matter the page they will have like 40 internal-links within any given page. Now wikipedia has hundreds of thousands of articles which allows them to do that but as long as you internal-link to the pages you want to rank and of course are relevant, you'll increase the pages authority.

Depending on the keyword will be the number of backlinks needed, but yeah it will improve you sites ranking. Just remember to follow the 80/20 rule.

80%: No follow and 20%: Follow

And use anchor text with the selected keywords for every page but make it look natural, and don't link everything to your main page, select other pages as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
They are still working, they are a valid way of marketing just like any other way. I would suggest you understand the process by doing some research before you get started as it is very important that you know what you are doing before starting something like this.

elcidofaguy

Hi everyone,

what are your thought?

Article directories have been hit hard by G and as such you never see them ranking on the SERPs... G knows that these links are for the purpose of ranking manipulation and hence discounts them... The few article directories that have survived such as ezines only provide a nofollow link and hence does nothing for your rankings... It is far better to pursue guest posting on popular blogs which gets traffic..

In addition web directories where it is easy to post links should be avoided like the plague... The only directories worth considering are the type where there are moderator reviews.

Finally G's core ranking algo is still based on links... Hence if you are wanting to improve your rankings then for sure link building is important.. The important thing is the type of links... Typically links which are easy to get are useless e.g. web 2.0's where you create an account and upload content.. The type of links that matter are those from sites which G trusts, that have authority and on an established page whereby link juice is passed...