Are contests good for building email lists?

Marcos

I would not know how to figure out something like that. It seems like it would be left to chance.
I am not sure how to do that exactly myself. Maybe you can look at how many emails you got in your other contests and figure out how much each would be worth to you then get a prize for that total value.

JennyJ

Were the prizes for digital products? Those should be able to keep your costs down at least for some things.
The prizes were gift cards for things that are related to my niche. They were send digitally but could be spent on physical things.

KeralMTG

I read some posts that said contests are good ways to get more subscribers but finding something that people will want and that is not to costly is harder some times. Maybe if you have some kind of digital thing to give away that can help people do something or they will benefit from using it will be good.

Catherine1

Did you ever try doing any of these contests and if you did then what kind of results did you get? I have been thinking about trying this out to see if I can build my email list bigger.