Amazon or Clickbank?

ulterios

Maybe they talk differently to me, because I actually have sales and a good product.
I have actually noticed that some affiliate networks and even the individual affiliate departments of the advertisers themselves will talk differently to you if you are making them money or not. A couple make it real obvious that if you are a top affiliate or advertiser you will get treated better than if you aren't.

Shame it has to be that way with some, especially since they never know who is going to wind up being a super affiliate or advertiser one day!

TCoder

I have actually noticed that some affiliate networks and even the individual affiliate departments of the advertisers themselves will talk differently to you if you are making them money or not. A couple make it real obvious that if you are a top affiliate or advertiser you will get treated better than if you aren't.

Shame it has to be that way with some, especially since they never know who is going to wind up being a super affiliate or advertiser one day!

This is always the case every where, no one wants to harm there revenue stream. The more powerful a client you are the better deals you can cut with with your business partners. When I owned a pet food store, the more I sold, the more I was able to get "Special Contract Pricing" from the distributors and manufacturers. With the special pricing, it made it much easier to sell their products. When my credit card processing went to 80,000 USD a month, I was able to get my rates lowered, who wants to lose 3% of that a month for doing nothing? So 3%, becomes 2.5%, just like that. All those processing fees get waived - "Gateway fee, Service Fee", Batch Fee, Report Fees" - Gone.

It's just the way it is.. It's a struggle to break the barriers, but once you break the barriers, things become so much more easier.

ulterios

The more powerful a client you are the better deals you can cut with with your business partners.
That's very true my friend, especially in the online world where you can't always meet the people that you are dealing with to tell if they deserve any special treatment. people are judged solely on their numbers! ;)

matteomatt

My short answer, Clickbank has alot of online and make money products, as well as educational products. If you want real life products, or e-books in the more general public niches then Amazon.

Ben

I never had a problem, I just pick and call the vendor line. Maybe they talk differently to me, because I actually have sales and a good product. I know they can see all my different accounts, they have them linked. It's silly because you need different accounts to brand different products. I don't have to call them often, only at first when I was setting up products and my accounts the way I wanted them set up.

It works for me, see the attach screenshot of one of my accounts/products this morning.
You are probably right. They probably treat people who aren't selling things as good as those who are selling things for them. They are in the business to make money and not friends and that's what a lot of companies do.

Traveler

I would do Clickbank over Amazon any day. They have a higher profit margin for their affiliates and who doesn't like higher profits and more money? LOL

Maria Marketing

Clickbank has some really high commission items and many are quite popular so I vote for clickbank. I think amazon will be good if you want to have a website with amazon store items on but I haven't tried it so I do not know how well the sales can do.