Who provides the nameserver when i want to host a domain?

DDSVPSHOST

Hello everyone, i have some trouble understand who provides the name server when i want to host a domain?

Supposing a purchase a Domain from a third party website and want to host the domain on the servers of a company providing web hosting services. I would love to know who provides the name servers; the company offering the domains or the web hosting company?

hmb-robert

A hosting provide will provide you a domain name DNS records you will just need to setup these records at your domain name provider end in Nameserver records section.

Dean

Hello everyone, i have some trouble understand who provides the name server when i want to host a domain?

Supposing a purchase a Domain from a third party website and want to host the domain on the servers of a company providing web hosting services. I would love to know who provides the name servers; the company offering the domains or the web hosting company?
The web hosting company provides the nameservers and then you just input them into the proper location at your registrar where you bought the domain name.

Cheers, Dean

Waqass

It is confusing because many of the domain providers also provide with the name servers. But they aren't for hosting the website and are usually for parking the domain. The parking of domain is just like a temporary parking space for a domain before you can configure it to point towards your actual website.

ulterios

The nameservers are the ones that your host provides and tells people where your site is on their servers as people type in an address into their browser (or click).

DNS are the records that tell where the domain is hosted, if it's forwarded, sometimes redirects and so on. These are provided by the registrar and host usually.

Muzzamil

Hosting company will provide the nameservers which you will put in the DNS section of your domain. This is because then your domain will point to the right hosting.