Where can I test my blog loading speed?

KeralMTG

I want to test my blog loading speed to see if I make some changes to see if they improve the loading speed. What websites are the best to use to check page loading speed?

Ben

I have always used pingdom.com to test mine. I know there are others out there but this one works pretty good and you can change the server location from where the test is being done to check different parts of the world.

KeralMTG

I have always used pingdom.com to test mine. I know there are others out there but this one works pretty good and you can change the server location from where the test is being done to check different parts of the world.
I tried that one but the results can change a lot for each test you do. I didn't know if there was something that was more consistent maybe.

KeralMTG

Good to hear that it worked for you.
Yes it works great. I have been try new things and testing some small changes to see how they help. I also like how it says what you can do to help your problems and how to fix them. I like this much better than pingdom.

Ben

I tried that one but the results can change a lot for each test you do. I didn't know if there was something that was more consistent maybe.
I have noticed some pretty big differences from time to time but they are usually fairly consistent for me.

Dean

KeyCDN also has a good speed test and gives highly detailed stats as to how long each element on a page took to load. Some of the others show similar data but this one is the one I have been using lately with good results.

SITE: tools.keycdn.com/speed

JohnQ

Over the years I always used GTMetrix and Pingdom together to get a good overall picture. I like Pingdom because you can choose the server location for the test.

GTMetrix didn't used to have that option but I don't know if that has changed.

KeralMTG

I using GTmetrix, Pingdom, Google page speed insights to check the loading speed of my blog. All of them are very reliable and give you a perfect data of your site performance.
I have now tried all of them myself. Have you noticed that they often have some very different results from each other? I was thinking they should be similar.

KeyCDN also has a good speed test and gives highly detailed stats as to how long each element on a page took to load. Some of the others show similar data but this one is the one I have been using lately with good results.

SITE: tools.keycdn.com/speed
I will check on that one. I have not heard of it before.

Over the years I always used GTMetrix and Pingdom together to get a good overall picture. I like Pingdom because you can choose the server location for the test.

GTMetrix didn't used to have that option but I don't know if that has changed.
I have been checking on mostly pagespeed insights since it seems to be the most consistent results. I guess we should try all to see if one shows a problem that other do not.

JohnQ

I have been checking on mostly pagespeed insights since it seems to be the most consistent results. I guess we should try all to see if one shows a problem that other do not.
If you have the time then it can't hurt to try some of the others. If you have one you like and it's consistent then when you make changes you'll notice the differences a little more I think.

KeralMTG

If you have the time then it can't hurt to try some of the others. If you have one you like and it's consistent then when you make changes you'll notice the differences a little more I think.
I have been testing very much these last days. I have been able to get my blog to load 1 second faster by making some changes.

JohnQ

I have been testing very much these last days. I have been able to get my blog to load 1 second faster by making some changes.
That's good. Every second you can reduce the loading time of your site will help it in one way of another. Everyone including the search engines want fast sites.

KeralMTG

That's good. Every second you can reduce the loading time of your site will help it in one way of another. Everyone including the search engines want fast sites.
It was easy to get that 1 second improvement but now I am finding it harder to get good improvements like that. Some things I change that it recommends don't make much difference with speed.