Where can I get free images

Ana

I will soon be starting a new blog and I have been writing some blog posts but I do not yet have any images for my posts.

Where can I get free images that I can use on my blog?

Thank you for any help. :)

Dean

One of the places that I get free images often is Pixabay as was mentioned by Sam above.

Another place that you can check is creativecommons.org. There you can search many places ot once for images that will fit your requirements.

Here is the link for their search: https://search.creativecommons.org/

Ana

Thank you both for these. I will look at them and see what I will find.

Simi

Actually in my personal experience, freepik.com requires accreditation if you want to use their photos freely (I find it a little inconvenient). My favorite photo source is thestocks.im, it combines many sites in one place which make the search for photos is a lot easier, and it's totally free. Hope that this can help you with your blog!

One of the places that I get free images often is Pixabay as was mentioned by Sam above.

Another place that you can check is creativecommons.org. There you can search many places ot once for images that will fit your requirements.

Here is the link for their search: https://search.creativecommons.org/
Thanks for the link and I checked it out. It listed more great sources for free images there but I am just curious why it included Google images while we can get problems about copyrighted images on Google.
Is there a way to search free images directly from Google? I have ever heard of this method but I don't know how to apply it.

Dean

Thanks for the link and I checked it out. It listed more great sources for free images there but I am just curious why it included Google images while we can get problems about copyrighted images on Google.
Is there a way to search free images directly from Google? I have ever heard of this method but I don't know how to apply it.
Their system uses Google Images as one source to find free images but they sort them by usage rights for images that you are allowed to use for your selected use.

You can search Google directly by looking for images in Google Images, then clicking on the "Tools" button, clicking on "Usage rights" and then selecting the appropriate selection for your use.

Milana

I usually use pixabay for free images that I need for most of my needs but sometimes I search in google and sort for my use to see if there are any in these with the rights to reuse.

Ana

Actually in my personal experience, freepik.com requires accreditation if you want to use their photos freely (I find it a little inconvenient). My favorite photo source is thestocks.im, it combines many sites in one place which make the search for photos is a lot easier, and it's totally free. Hope that this can help you with your blog!
Thank you for sharing that website. Do you know if I must sign up of can I just get the images without the need to log in?

I usually use pixabay for free images that I need for most of my needs but sometimes I search in google and sort for my use to see if there are any in these with the rights to reuse.
Thank you for sharing that website. I have seen that 1 before and have bookmarked it.

Simi

The answer would be no, you don't have to sign up or do anything (crediting included). In fact, that website is a combination of many free websites of this business, so you're capable of choosing any website that fits your need on just one platform. I'm glad that it helped your case :) Good luck with further efforts!

Reactions: Ana

Maria Marketing

I was looking for stock images and there is a notice on that website that says that the website owner died and there are no new images being added in years. Did you see that?

Ana

The answer would be no, you don't have to sign up or do anything (crediting included). In fact, that website is a combination of many free websites of this business, so you're capable of choosing any website that fits your need on just one platform. I'm glad that it helped your case :) Good luck with further efforts!
Thank you for the help. I will check the website for my next images I need.