What do you know about StumbleUpon?

Ricky Britton

Hello,
Have you ever heard about StumbleUpon?
It is a great way to drive traffic to you website or blog and the traffic is consistent and much better than Reddit.
What is your opinion?

KikoLyne

I tried this network and it really gave me a bit more visitors to my sites. The site has lovely nature pictures that any nature lover would love.
It has amazing life quotes and numerous book recommendations and overall has amazing content.
It is a good place to get inspiration for articles and blog posts and content creators and social media managers would find it very useful.
If you intend to use it to promote your product or service, you have to post very high quality posts that discerning Stumblers would love.

Just my 0.02 cents

bradstern

Stumblepon helps you to boost your traffic. We all know that traffic plays an immense impact because it is needed by bloggers. Here are the advantages of using stumbleupon; Social Proof, Source of Encouragement, Improvement in Rankings, More Backlinks and Means of Testing Your Server.

What if there was a site that could predict everything you wanted to see on the Internet? Stumble upon is a social network that helps you discover unique and interesting things across the Web. So what is Stumble Upon, exactly? Stumble Upon is basically a discovery engine of entertainment that recommends photography, art, humor, fashion, sports, technology and just about every other topic you can think of.

Navigating Stumble Upon feels like surfing a Web where every incoming WiFi wave feels tailor-made just for you. All you have to do is tell Stumble Upon a few things you like (and a couple things you don’t), and it will learn your preferences to start feeding you interesting content.

ulterios

I tried using StumbleUpon for a couple of my sites a while back and after quite a bit of effort I figured out that it just wasn't worth it for my time that was put into it. The sites were tech related so maybe StumbleUpon would work for other niches but it just didn't work for these and for me.

I get much better results with Twitter, Facebook and Google+.

Dean

When I have used Stumbleupon before it only seemed to work well for one of my sites that was a home improvement niche site. I know there are other that do well with it but it didn't seem to be worth my time and efforts.

It has been a while since I tried it so maybe it would work better for my other niche's now so I might give it a try again and see if it is any better now.

Cheers, Dean.

JennyJ

I was just looking into maybe giving StumbleUpon a trial run to see what kind of success I can have with it. Based on some opinions I see here I might not waste my time.

Who knows though, it might be something I try out when I have extra time. They are a well known social media site after all.

KeralMTG

I did not know that stumble upon was good for traffic and better than reddit. I am going to have to go and check on this because I need more traffic.

Catherine1

I'll have to take a look at stumbleupon. I don't remember if I looked into this social site or not but I will check on it anyway. I'm hoping to start to get more traffic from the social websites and I have looked at some but can't remember if I checked on this one or not.

Kania

I do not use Stumbleupon right now because when I was looking at it I was confused about how it is supposed to be used. It kind of reminds of of Pinterest a little.

Reddit seems like a mess to me but that's probably because I do not use it and I am not familiar with how it works.

ulterios

I do not use Stumbleupon right now because when I was looking at it I was confused about how it is supposed to be used. It kind of reminds of of Pinterest a little.

Reddit seems like a mess to me but that's probably because I do not use it and I am not familiar with how it works.
I have actually heard many people say things along those lines. However, Reddit seems to be a good source of traffic for a lot of people although I can't verify that since I really haven't used it myself.

Kania

I have actually heard many people say things along those lines. However, Reddit seems to be a good source of traffic for a lot of people although I can't verify that since I really haven't used it myself.
I might try Reddit in the future some time. I read about it after I heard that here yesterday and some people say it can be a good traffic method.

Essentially, I think of it as a social sharing service that directs registered users to new websites based on their personal preferences, input from their friends and “like-minded individuals.” StumbleUpon explains its process and why they’re better than search engines

vinaya

Stumbleupon is a social book marking site. Social bookmaring sites are content discovery platform where you curate contents or discover contents. Social bookmarkins sites can generate you traffic as well as build backlinks. I created account on Stumbleupon in 2012, I was very active in rthe beginning, but then I began losing interest. I was getting traffic but it was less than what I was doing there. Therefore I stopped using it.